Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
savmyfaceplz

new to forum

Hello..

First of all, I'd like to say "THANK YOU" for all the helpful information from all of you! I have found this site very useful.

This is my story...

I am 27 years old and have recently been put on Doryx,Differin, and Duac like many of you have. It's too soon to tell if it's working since I've only been on them for one week. I think elimating all my moisturizers, scrubs, and cremes have helped emincely.

I never had acne in my teen years(as far as I can remember). I noticed I was getting acne after my first child, but it wasn't bad or out of control. After my second child, I notice it gradually getting worse. I have associated it with a number of things, but I won't bore you with details. So, here I am, taking three prescriptions without any promise that it will cure my acne. I try to be hopeful, but ultimately, I'm a skeptic. I guess I would like to know the theory behind my acne and also a cure, but the derm. was eager to prescribe scripts and I'm desperate.

Well, that's my story in a nutshell. I will keep you all posted with my experiences and hope to read more posts from all of you.

Thanks for your time.

Hello there! :wavey:

Welcome :D

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed :pray: so that those prescriptions will give you the expected results!

:) Thanks so much! I wish the best for everyone also. having acne for the first time in my life has helped me empathize with those who have it. So if I were to take a positive out of this negative, it would definately be that.

Just wanted to say hello!

I hope that everything works out well for you, I only found this site last week,and have found it to be very useful...Though I guess I'm preaching to the converted :)

Just wanted to say hello!

I hope that everything works out well for you, I only found this site last week,and have found it to be very useful...Though I guess I'm preaching to the converted :)

Hello soliloquy...Thanks!

So far my face is looking better, but the Duac makes my chin look like dried cracked mud. Yuck!

I hope things are going well for you also!

I too use differin/duac. The duac does sting, and is drying, but it gets better with time. . .Just keep using moisturizer. I have gone for 5 weeks with no active acne--I think this stuff is working well!!! I was told to use the differin at night, and duac in the morning, but I'm doing much better the other way around. The differin doesn't dry my face like the duac, so my makeup looks normal. . .Keep us posted on your progress!

Hi, glad you found this place.

I'm sure you'll find alot of useful information with people who've had the same kinds of experiences as you,

oh yeah what we're all here for , hope your skin clears up to

good luck