Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellish

Why doesnt the clear skin regimen take this into account?

Hello, this is my first post the forum,

Right what i want to ask is, on the clear skin regimen for men it states about shaving with a razor and that you use the lather from the shaving bar,

well i dont shave with a razor, i DRY SHAVE so the lather on the face wouldnt work if im dry shaving with a foil shaver.

So guys what steps do i need to take, instead of using the lather bit

Another thing, i have bought the Benzol peroxide gel from the website, i live in the uk so had to wait a while for it to be shipped from the usa.

Now for the other two products that i will need, which are the Cleanser and Moisturizer, could you please tell me where to get the closest ones which are mentioned on the website, locally, i.e. i dont want to be ordering them over the internet, i live in the UK and theres a store called BOOTS in my town, so if anyone could advice me on products which i might need thanks.

Thanks everyone for any replys

Welcome to the boards Hellish!

I live in the too and use simple cleansing wipes although I don't know anyone else here that even uses wipes. A lot of other UK people use Pears soap, but apparantly it can be quite drying. For more info check out here http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showforum=42. And I find that the best UK moisturiser is Eucerin dry skin relief face cream with 5% urea, it is unbeatable at helping with the dryness you get from teh regimen, particullary at the start of it! And both these products are available from Boots.

Good Luck! :)

Guest yahyah

Hi, I'm from the UK too. Check out my sig for the products I'm using.

yea he means dry shave with an electric razor...

and the reason he didnt take it into account is because dry shaving is really harsh on ur skin,

u might be getting acne simply because ur irritating ur skin so much with all the dry shaving!

switch to wet shaving brother! its a lot kinder to ur skin an u look better after it too :)

yea dry shaving is irritating no matter what type of razor you use. try regular shaving with shaving cream and see if you get any improvement

Guest Akira

just take the lazy tramp approach like me and don't shave, its very simple to do; infact, you do nothing! facial hair will cover up scars and spots, some people say the hair follicles will clog up pores or some shit like that, infact i dont think its some people. i think its scientifically proven, but who knows, you might get lucky :P