Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CharlesInCharge

Charchar's Adventurous Accutane Agendum

So after years of acne here I am presented with the "last hope" of acne treatment. I am making this log purely on a day-to-day basis for the recording of my Accutane progress. During this time I hope that I can see some good improvement and maybe even inspire someone else to lessen their fear's of Accutane.

Background

I am a 19-year-old Male. I have had acne ever since I can remember. The first signs of acne were when I was in 5th grade, so around 11 years old or so. Ever since then I have tried many different topical and oral treatments such as Benzoyl peroxide, Tetracycline, Doxycycline, Clindamycin and topical retinoids. Most of them seemed to help to an extent and then stop advancement after a period of time.

Currently

Right now my acne is Moderate. My skin has seen better day's but right now I'm doing all right. My current regimen as of today was Triaz Cream, Clindagel, Tazorac and a mild cleanser. While on Accutane I am expecting and anticipating all of the common symptoms or more and I'm preparing as needed. Things such as Aquaphor and Sun Screen will be a part of my daily regimen.

Accutane

I will be picking the pills up today(March 20th) and starting the first few pills tomorrow. They are 20mg and I will be taking three a day totaling to 60mg a day. I will be taking two in the morning for breakfast and one at night for dinner.

In the mean time I will be updating my log as much as possible. I might even throw some picture's in here too :D but who knows. I would like to thank everyone in advance for posting on my log, supporting the cause and helping to encourage me. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Cheers!

hey there! good luck!! i'm on accutane too...started about a month ago...hopefully we can be happy abour our skin in a few months!

Update!

Well I went to pick up the presciption today at the drug store and THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT! So I'll have to wait till Wednesday to start taking it! Oh well I'v waited this long, right? I think another couple of days couldn't hurt.

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Cheers!

Yep, Accutane tomorrow! I have to take two in the morning and one at night. I'm not a big Breakfast guy so it will be hard to get a fatty meal in during that time.

Today was kinda a crappy day. I have felt fatigued and have had a headache pretty much all day long. So I didn't goto work because of that :doh:

And I'm taking Amnesteem! How does that even compare with the other brands?

Well, happy Tuesday to all!

Cheers!

Day 1

Well the pills have been taken! I can't really say much because I don't think I have seen any side effects quite yet (Am I supposed to?).

My face has seen better days, but I can't complain as it looks better now than it has in the past. Well I guess that's it for now!

Happy Hump Day!

Cheers!

Good luck on your journey. I'll be keeping up with your log so please don't forget to post. I should be starting accuate the first week of April and these logs have been a great help to me. Here's to clear skin. :clap:

Good luck Char! You will be clear in no time! Side effects didnt happen real bad until after a month for me. I just told you some stuff in my log.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

1 down, a million to go!

Day 2

Firegurl - I'm so glad I took it this soon to, getting the confidence to go and ask straight up was hard but I know it had to be done. I think I'm starting to see the initial breakout too! Oil everywhere!

Jules - I'll try to keep up-to-date as much as possible hun. Here's hoping that my log might help :angel:

Mike - Thanks Mike, good luck with your Tane as well!

Amber - Thanks for the info in the log, it helped! Man those rashes sounds crazy, I hope I don't get any! And like I said, I'm getting a ton of oil! So I think the side effects are starting to creep their way out.

Tgrl Fo real! It seems like the days go so slow when you're on tane!

Corrine - Thanks for the support and good luck to you as well!

Acne - OIL OIL!

Yep, tons of it! Also I am picking like a gold digger right now! I just can't control myself it seems. I'm normally really good about not picking at my face but wow it's just goin crazy it seems. So right now most of the developing acne seems to be very concentrated around my nose. It sucks so bad, but I'm tanking it!

I'll be sure to update with any new lesions that proceed to attack my face tomorrow!

Again, thanks everyone for posting all the nice comments! Keep them coming, but until then, have a nice....

Day & Cheers! :dance:

Day 3

Acne

Well this initial breakout sucks! My face is like blood red and hot and I'm getting massive amounts of whiteheads pretty much everywhere. But they have been really prevalent along my mouth and nose area. The face is still oily and such and my lips seem to be getting a bit more dry than normal. Also itching is a problem too. My whole face itches and I can't seem to keep my hand off!

Can't wait for the inital breakout to cool down! :(

Cheers though!

i think you're seeing bigger side effects than me because you're on such a higher dose. I'm a bit worried mine's to low tbh- are you quite heavy? i'm only on 30 mg a day until may at least..

good luck with it all- must feel good knowing ur taning the crap outta ur skin! wont be long till its all worth it :cool:

x x x

Hi charchar..

Yeah.. agree IB sucks.. but it's for the better

Some people in this forum suggest me :

Whenever a new pimples come out just think that one less pore clogged..

:)

Day 4-5

Man I'm slacking this weekend, but it's been kinda busy with some friends coming home from Spring break.

Firegurl - Yep, I guess it's working as intended. I'v been getting a couple more whiteheads as the day has been going on :confused: . But oh no biggy, I'm sure I'll be clear in no time.

Corrine - Haha! That's a good way to look at it for sure!

Acne

More IB stuff... more whiteheads all over the nose and mouth area. THEY HURT!! But they are like building up on top of each other ew :cry: . Other than that the side effect's havn't been to bad yet. My lips have experianced some dryness but nothing to serious yet.

So this weekend I saw Inside Man, it was GREAT! Clive Owen plays a great character in it (best since Closer imo). I highly recommend it!

Day 6

Acne

Well more Initial Breakout stuff. It hurts. It hurts badly. Mainly all the acne is still around my mouth although it is slowly moving toward my jaw bone area. It's all itchy and it's hard to not to touch it, but I'm trying my best. That's about all that's happening over here.

Here's praying for clear skin!

Happy Monday!

Cheers!

Congrats on the tane! Sounds like its kickin in for you! Just wanted to drop by and say good luck. I am only on day 26 or so so I am not too far along. Can't wait for this to be done!

Day 7

Amber - Yeah me too! No worries the IB is starting to fade slowly so it's only a matter of time before I'm 100% clear!

trenem - Thanks, I'm really happy I got the tane too! And yeah it's most definitly working for me, the side effect's are starting to kick in pretty hard.

Tgurl - Yep, IB is good... but it sucks!! No worries though I think It's starting to subside a bit. But man am I dry as all get out. Time to get out the lotion!

Acne

Well more IB stuff, it's not over yet but well on it's way. I'm starting to get some little guys on my neck now though, but it ain't no thang because they don't hurt and are hardly visible. But man the dryness is starting to kick in pretty hardcore. I MUST mosturize tonight or I will be hurting in the morning badly.

Side Effect's

I cam actully make this section now! Well I have some dryness going on big time. It's really dry around my lips and chin area mainly. Also my lips are getting covered in Aquaphor!

That's it for today!

Cheers, and happy Tuesday!