Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
savinelli

persistent cyst on nose!!

okay.. i m really getting impatient with this large pimple that has been on the tip of my nose for the last 3 weeks or so.. the WORST place to get a big pimple.. I saw the doctor before and he gave me fucidin H cream and said it would go away in 4-5 days.. tried that, didnt work at all.. then ive been trying aspirin masks and put them on it over night for about 7 days.. havent really seen results either.. This thing is not coming to a head at all either.. its just a red bump..

The problem I have is that I cant just go get a cortisone shot or anything.. I need to wait months before I can see a derm.. and thats only with a referral.. which I dont have either.. So what do I do??!!

okay.. i m really getting impatient with this large pimple that has been on the tip of my nose for the last 3 weeks or so.. the WORST place to get a big pimple.. I saw the doctor before and he gave me fucidin H cream and said it would go away in 4-5 days.. tried that, didnt work at all.. then ive been trying aspirin masks and put them on it over night for about 7 days.. havent really seen results either.. This thing is not coming to a head at all either.. its just a red bump..

The problem I have is that I cant just go get a cortisone shot or anything.. I need to wait months before I can see a derm.. and thats only with a referral.. which I dont have either.. So what do I do??!!

Have you tried draining it with a hot steralized needle?

I'm in the same boat. Going to the doctor today for a referal and maybe something to try until I get into the derm.

i have tried getting to it with a setrilized needle.. i dont think i can get deep enough.. there isnt a head on it like i said, so the puss is probably pretty deep inside still.. i really dont want to irritate it either.

also, bye bye blemish doesnt look like somehting i can get my hands on anytime soon.. id probably have to order it or something.. probably take just as long as waiting for a derm.

I cant believe though, that this thing isnt even remotely going down.. you'd think after about 3 weeks it would calm down.. its pretty much the exact same as it was or worse than it was 1.5 weeks ago.

well. i've heard that using hot and cold water can reduce it.When you wash your face, use hot water first, then change to cold.you do this 3 to 5 times everytime you wash your face. they said that it could accelerate blood circulation, therefore reduce the size of the lump.

I've never tried before, but it sounds handy. good luck.

why is it so hard to get a derm in your place? is it commercial?

im in canada.. dunno what its like in the states, but for the derm closest to my house, i called them and they said that i need a referring and even then it takes about 1 or 2 months to see the derm.. probably the worst system ever.. but i havent tried any other derms.. i think its the same though.

ask around for derms that doesn't require 1-2 months before getting to see the derm. 1-2 months is so long. i'm guessing the derm near your house is one of those types that's commercial and well-known. there are derms that aren't big time, cost much less and doesn't require 1-2 months before getting an appointment.