Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tell us a bit about you typical day, lifestyle, and what you eat. Just need more details to make a proper suggestion.

Tell us a bit about you typical day, lifestyle, and what you eat. Just need more details to make a proper suggestion.

i eat healthy, organic foods etc... but i think its too much green tea, and my biological clock is the one of the night owl, but have to get up for school. i just think too much before i go to bed, my mind doesnt know how to relax.

hope this helps, any questions just ask :) ty

You might want to try stop drinking green tea 4 hours before bed, and instead switch to drinking a cup of Chamomile about 1 hour before bedtime. This should provide you time to use the restroom 1 time before bed and will calm your system which aids your ability to not only fall asleep but also get a more restful sleep. As an added benefit Chamomile is great for the digestion, so after your dinner it can work wonders for making sure stomach contents are emtied in proper time. Something that can work great is getting exercise before bedtime. You can burn off excess energy that can keep you awake when you need to be sleeping. This way you'll be far more rested come school time.

You could try drinking decaffinated green tea instead.

Foods which are good for helping insomnia are yoghurts (live) and bananas, so you could try eating these in the evenings.

go running or exercise, make urself tired

i second that, or, just stay up for a few days straight, then soon you should nod right off

You might want to try stop drinking green tea 4 hours before bed, and instead switch to drinking a cup of Chamomile about 1 hour before bedtime. This should provide you time to use the restroom 1 time before bed and will calm your system which aids your ability to not only fall asleep but also get a more restful sleep. As an added benefit Chamomile is great for the digestion, so after your dinner it can work wonders for making sure stomach contents are emtied in proper time. Something that can work great is getting exercise before bedtime. You can burn off excess energy that can keep you awake when you need to be sleeping. This way you'll be far more rested come school time.

i second this. I've been drinking chamomille tea before bed time for a couple of weeks now before bed (really strong cup...2 tea bags to about 1 cup boiling water so i don't have to worry about having to pee at night)I also have sleeping problems. I've found this this really does help. It's not a miracle, but it does help. I've read that chamomille is a natural supressent. If that's how you spell it. and the smell is just divine..really comforting.

i second this. I've been drinking chamomille tea before bed time for a couple of weeks now before bed (really strong cup...2 tea bags to about 1 cup boiling water so i don't have to worry about having to pee at night)I also have sleeping problems. I've found this this really does help. It's not a miracle, but it does help. I've read that chamomille is a natural supressent. If that's how you spell it. and the smell is just divine..really comforting.

cool! Should I add honey to it too? I heard honey is also soothing!

It depends on how your body deals with honey. I would suggest that for now, no. See if it works w/o honey and then add some (not more than 1 teaspoon per cup). If the honey doesn't add to your energy too much then your body uses sugar at a slow enough rate to not affect your goals. Adding sugar though isn't the problem with camomile, it's how your body will absorb the camomile with the presense of sugar. Best to not to do anything to diminish the intended affects of the camomile, which by the way is pretty good all by itself.

It depends on how your body deals with honey. I would suggest that for now, no. See if it works w/o honey and then add some (not more than 1 teaspoon per cup). If the honey doesn't add to your energy too much then your body uses sugar at a slow enough rate to not affect your goals. Adding sugar though isn't the problem with camomile, it's how your body will absorb the camomile with the presense of sugar. Best to not to do anything to diminish the intended affects of the camomile, which by the way is pretty good all by itself.

agreed. sometimes i use just a little bit of splenda instaid of honey, but it really is fine as is.