Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

I'm sure Neutrogena healthy skin broke me out...

My skin was totally clear, I then added Neutrogena healthy skin to my regimen on thursday, and all weekend my skin felt uncomfortable, and sunday my chin went nuts and broke out.

My skin also feels dry again.

So I've decided to stop trying to tweak to regimen for a while and just stick with it, my only addition will be Jojoba oil, as I've used that for months, and it's great stuff.

kick it with the eucerin dry skin renewal brother.

i dont have ANY faults at all with it other than my redmarks havnt dissapeared yet but they wil in time.

but it hasnt ever broke me out at ALL.

cheers bigman hope this helps

kick it with the eucerin dry skin renewal brother.

i dont have ANY faults at all with it other than my redmarks havnt dissapeared yet but they wil in time.

but it hasnt ever broke me out at ALL.

cheers bigman hope this helps

well we aALL have to find an alternative now that eucerin skin renewal has been discontinued. We gotta find another AHA that works just aswell. I think thats why Dan is coming up with his own formula.

no coz in england they stil producing

Eucerin Dry Skin Relief cream

an thats what i was talkin about.

sorry i call it renewal sometimes

Neutrogena Healthy skin is pretty potent, I can't remember exactly but it's either 7 or 8% glycolic acid. That can be pretty irritating to some people.

Hey maverick that happened to me the first time I used it, and I'm also sure it was the healthy skin cause I stopped using it for two weeks and then started again and broke out again. Both times were just tiny breakouts that went away in a couple days and didn't leave red marks. Apparently that's normal for a powerful AHA. I also experienced dry/flaky skin from it at first too and it took me a month to figure out that it only works properly if you use a tiny tiny amount, like a pump for your entire face. Since it's impossible to spread it that thinly, I mix it with a moisturizer. I know how you feel man, at first you put it on and skin feels awesome, so smooth, and then the next day it's like what the FUCK. But a small amount works great.

Um I have a question Mav, that cleanser with AHA isn't irriating for you? You have two products that have AHA in it but since I have sensitive skin, I should stay away from those no?

Hi maverick,

Shit!! I started using it on sunday. And yes, my skin feels dry as well!!

But I haven't broken out (yet) :rolleyes::rolleyes::(

I started with 2 pumps. After 15 minutes I noticed it dried up and I was still flaky, so I added 3 more pumps. I've been using 5 since and it's getting a bit better, but still red.

How much were you using?

And have you added other things apart from the AHA lotion? Maybe you shaved and overirritated (because of the AHA), you scrubbed too hard... I don't know, something?

I'll keep using it and we'll see.

Sorry you had that little setback anyway. I'm sure you'll get through. Let the regimen handle it. :)

I started with 2 pumps. After 15 minutes I noticed it dried up and I was still flaky, so I added 3 more pumps. I've been using 5 since and it's getting a bit better, but still red.

Dude, you don't wanna do that. Adding more seems like it'll make things better but it won't. if 2 pumps causes flakes, then you're using too much. Try 1 pump and some moisturizer.

...Adding more seems like it'll make things better but it won't. if 2 pumps causes flakes, then you're using too much. Try 1 pump and some moisturizer.

You know... I thought about it, actually it makes sense. AHAs are used in chemical peelings, so it will probably cause more flaking. I think I am using too much, damn it :confused:

Thanks for the advice man, I think I'll do it. However I haven't found a good moisturizer yet. The RoC is really expensive (19 dollars a tube of 40ml) and it works well but has a very low concentration of an AHA derivative so it won't really help with my red marks.

The other moisturizer Ive tried, OLAY complete... well, it doesn't cause me any more breakouts but it's not enough for the dryness.

And I was told from an Eucerin Latinoamericana executive that Eucerin Skin Renewal is no longer distributed in Mexico. :confused::confused:

Anyway, thanks again for the warning.

I used that healthy skin lotion spf 15... I must say its a peice of shit product if you have oily skin... Im back to my Olay product with BHA... More benefical for me and does not irratte or cause my skin to be to dry or to gressy.. Just right for me... I also use a bha cleanser from olay and the olay moisturizer with bha in it and it feels great... wouldnt trade it for anything to good to my skin... I thought i would give the neutrogena healthy skin a try but i have found out its a peice of shit product for my skin.... throw it away and pissed on it..Nice fire wood :lol: Burnt nice and stunk...I didnt like it becuase of the greesy feeling and i got a few new zits after 3 days of use... I mean hella shinny to much for me... Good luck with this product!

...Adding more seems like it'll make things better but it won't. if 2 pumps causes flakes, then you're using too much. Try 1 pump and some moisturizer.

You know... I thought about it, actually it makes sense. AHAs are used in chemical peelings, so it will probably cause more flaking. I think I am using too much, damn it :confused:

Thanks for the advice man, I think I'll do it. However I haven't found a good moisturizer yet. The RoC is really expensive (19 dollars a tube of 40ml) and it works well but has a very low concentration of an AHA derivative so it won't really help with my red marks.

The other moisturizer Ive tried, OLAY complete... well, it doesn't cause me any more breakouts but it's not enough for the dryness.

And I was told from an Eucerin Latinoamericana executive that Eucerin Skin Renewal is no longer distributed in Mexico. :confused::confused:

Anyway, thanks again for the warning.

Guest funky_monkey

My skin was totally clear, I then added Neutrogena healthy skin to my regimen on thursday, and all weekend my skin felt uncomfortable, and sunday my chin went nuts and broke out.

My skin also feels dry again.

So I've decided to stop trying to tweak to regimen for a while and just stick with it, my only addition will be Jojoba oil, as I've used that for months, and it's great stuff.

same here. I bought some from UK ebay and after using it for 2 days, my skin has broken out in red boils. :( I wish I waited now after reading all this!

Im ok with the Neutogena visibly refined with AHA and retinol though!