Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imdepressed

just a depressed story of myself..

hi ppl i just wish to share my story here. im a 18 year old girl and have acne ever since i was 12 years old.at that time,i had really mild acne as in tiny lil whiteheads all around my forehead..it wasnt serious then.so i kind of didnt notice it.but as time past,when i was around 13-16 years old,my face was full of those red bumps all around.i was so depressed i didnt go to school for a number of days.my mom bought me to those beautician treatments and they had to extract all my clogged pores and the red bumps and the result was a face full of redness.i went to school like that and i felt like everyone was staring at me.i wish i could go home straight away.this went on for another 10 treatments and somehow i cleared up.during the treatment,i had this relative who came by my house often and said REALLY unsensitive things about my face.i broke down.i didnt see why she had to be so cruel..anyway,when i was 17 years old,taking my most major exam,my face became even terrible.i kind of was obsessed about picking and squeezing them.it was so bad in front of the mirror that i really was depressed,i didnt even go to school.i studied at home.my face was really terrible..i had ALOT of relatives coming to my house during celebrations saying all those unkind comments about me too.my cousin asked me why i had a face like ppl punched me,its full of redness and did mosquitoes bite me etc.i broke down alot of times becos of all their unkind comments.after my exams,my mom bought me to another beautician center.its quite well known.it was then i realised that i have scars.no more pimples,but scars.its really terrible for ive never had scars all my life.i felt disfigured by myself every night and when i sleep,i have nightmares of myself destroying my face.during the beautician treatment,i went to see a doctor too.she prescribed me Retin A.at first,my whole face was even redder,but miraculously i realised theres a BIG improvement in my scars area.i was really happy for the 1st time in my life.however,just last week,i suffered an outbreak which i guess is probably caused by Retin A..its full of redness and i felt so depressed again.my beautician advised me to stop using it and let it heal by itself.its been 3 days and i found out the redness really did disappear but i was left with pimples which ive never had b4 all around my cheek.although it wasnt severe,it really made me depressed.i didnt dare go out.my mom made an appointment with the beautician this friday and im hoping they'll extract it out.i really hope so..this has taken both emotional and physical scars on me that i was badly shaken..pls pray for me that i'll be alright soon.. :(

didn't you ever consider a derm? yes i admit most of them are full of shit, but you do get the occastional few who are genuine.

didn't you ever consider a derm? yes i admit most of them are full of shit, but you do get the occastional few who are genuine.

yea, they are the same thing... I think? anywhoo read your story and it's not all that different from mine or probably allot of other ppl's on here, I had super mild acne between 13-17 y/o then one day my mom started nagging at me about the "red shit" on my face and I became aware of this curse, I thought I'd grow out of it but 3 years later I'm still trying to beat the beast.

yea, they are the same thing... I think? anywhoo read your story and it's not all that different from mine or probably allot of other ppl's on here, I had super mild acne between 13-17 y/o then one day my mom started nagging at me about the "red shit" on my face and I became aware of this curse, I thought I'd grow out of it but 3 years later I'm still trying to beat the beast.

hey,actually i went yesterday,and im fine now.feeling alot better..

anyways hope u clear up soon!good luck. :)