Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haioiii

Preventing bleached fabric

cant prevent it on shirts but i dont get it on anything other than my pillowcases

on pillow cases put a white or cream towel ontop of it to sleep.

This is so odd to me. I know bp can bleach fabrics. However, I have yet to have this problem. I apply it to my back/upper arms also, wait a few minutes for it to dry, then put on a t-shirt (sometimes a BLACK one to sleep in), and have never experienced any bleaching at all. That goes for my pillow cases too. Odd :think:

WackyJacki,

I know what you mean by pillowcases not being bleached. My pillowcase isn't getting bleach marks neither. Though, I just had the collar of one of my dress shirts get bleached. =/

Makes no sense.

The only things I noticed getting bleached are my cloths (the ones I use to pat dry my face, and to dry my hands between regimen steps), my hoodie's hood edges (I've since tried to only wear it when it's raining), and my P.E. shirt (I sweat and the bp travels down to the neck). The pillowcase is oddly safe, though.

I think it depends on your body's ph and sweating abilities too...I sweat a lot during the night :rolleyes: and get everything bleached...

I have yet to have a problem as of yet. Just try your best to keep BP away from cloths. Not much you can do about sweat though...

Hmmm... I can see the sweat factor being an issue. I don't sweat in my sleep during the winter. The summer can be a different story so we'll see lol. I sweat during my work outs, and my shirts still don't get stained (I apply bp to upper arms/back/chest). Hmmm.....

I use only white pillowcases and towels.

As far as my clothing, I haven't had anything get bleached from bp in years and years. I make sure my face is totally dry before putting on my shirt, and I make sure it doesn't touch my face as I am pulling it on (if it is a pullover type shirt).

and I wash my hands thoroughly after applying the bp and moisturizer, and dry them well before touching anything else.

For me, i personally couldnt care less if my pillows got stained, its a small price to pay. As for t-shirts, i dont really get that, unless i spill some on my t-shirt on let it rub my face when i take them off.

But if it bothers u dont use a pillow

Joking just use white covers for everything.

I've also noticed that my bp (CSR gel) bleaches everything orange. The bottoms of my sinks get an orange-colored buildup that I have to scrub off every week or so.

I used a pair of towels that turned orange-spotted from where BP touched it before,

I also have another pair who I loaded with BP to try it, and nothing resulted from that.

I think it has something to do with the material that is in your towels/tshirts/pillowcases

I agree with Bradlee, i believe it's the type of fabric that easily gets bleached. I have a blue pillowcase that isn't getting bleached at all. O_O I wish I knew what type of fabric it is. all I know is that it's cotton. lol

As a precautionary measure, i've purchased white towels and pillow cases. =P

I don't know how to prevent it but I've noticed that the higher the thread count of the sheet the more likely

it will be to get bleached. I have some cheaper 200 count sheets which have never gotten bleached but the 400+ count sheets I have both sets have BP stains. :think:

Cheap plain clothes I buy from wal mart stain way faster than more expensive clothes so yeah, I think it's the fabric. My pillowcases don't stain, but just about all my shirts have marks around the neck, and my hoodies even more. When people ask why I just say my washing machine's fucked up haha.

man i had my basketball jersey get bleached b/c my games are early in the morning on saturday's and i guess the BP hasnt set in yet during my game. I wipe the sweat off my face constantly with my shirt, and it caused all these pink marks (original color was a dark teal) so now it looks lie sh*t.