Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frowning

Does anyone one notice that lighting is crucial?

While I'm not 14 (I'm 22), I can sympathize with you. I had acne at 14 (started around 11).

Yes, lighting makes a huge difference, it's not just you, it's a fact. I have learned to stop looking at myself in the car mirror, because the sunlight makes it look much, much worse.

My husband has absolutely gorgeous skin, and has his entire life. However, we openly talk about my acne, and he is very supportive and encouraging. I wouldn't worry too much about boyfriends right now anyway! ;)

Have you been using the regimen? I highly recommend it. Good luck to you.

yea same, i dont tend 2look at myself in the car mirror coz the mirrors are slightly magnified an the light hits ur skin badly in a car.

but in person people dont go hunting around ur face for marks n stuf u gota remember that.

i hope you turn your frowning to a smile

i know what you are going through, although its tough, i hope you hang in there, i'll be willing to talk to you, whenever you need help. i just turned 15, two months ago. haha anyway. smile!

i'm Jeff

This is a result as to how the light hits your face, notice how if it's dim, it doesn't really show anything as aposed to natural daylight which shows up every little mark? here's one tip though, never and i mean NEVER get a reflection from a car window or car flip down mirror, those things are just horrid :ninja: i have clear skin now but even i feel like assaulting someone when i look in car windows etc..

Yup, it's crucial.

Fluorescent lighting is the evil. I prefer to think it was invented by some evil nazi scientists.

This is a result as to how the light hits your face, notice how if it's dim, it doesn't really show anything as aposed to natural daylight which shows up every little mark? here's one tip though, never and i mean NEVER get a reflection from a car window or car flip down mirror, those things are just horrid :ninja: i have clear skin now but even i feel like assaulting someone when i look in car windows etc..

ya i agree with that.. stay away from car windows.. car windows reflections, especially with the sun shining makes your skin look worse than anything else.. it shows every possible flaw and magnifys them to make them look worse.

I hate the car mirror!!! It's the worst!!!! I never look in it except maybe when I'm feeling really brave but then after looking in it I just feel really depressed.

car mirrors should be replaced with really blurry ones so u cant pick out all ur little imperfections an u just see ur general face

prob wud be quite unsafe tho lol

You don't want sympathy, you want empathy, and yes I frickin empathise sooo much with you!

All the chicks I'm ever into have clear skin, cuz frankly, acne isn't the biggest turn on for me, heheh, sounds mean, but I'm an honest guy lol

And yeah, my skin usually looks grand in the bathroom, as soon as I reach school, I run straight for the toilets, and I usually look terrible. Ah well...

(um, didn't mean to sound like an English teacher when I mentioned the sympathy/empathy thing lol ;)

i agree with u guys, home bathroom i feel confident then the second i get to school and look in the bathroom mirrors im like WTF because of that flourescent ligthing...oh ya car mirrors..are horrible..I just want my skin to be the way it was when i was 12...Acne just fucks everything up..when im clear ppl are attracted to me the second i break out it seems like they ignore me which is so fuckin aggrivating cuz ppl jus care about the way you look and it needs to stop. I hope you all achieve your goals of getting clear skin and when you do, flaunt that shit and fuck those ppl who are all of a sudden nice to you jus cuz ur clear now fuck them fuck them.

lighting of anytype i look bad really, mainly daylight, light from diffrent angles, showing more scars up eh :(:(:(

IPB Image

IPB Image

:hides:

i hate lightning

everytime i get in my classroom, i turn the lights on and all my classmates are like

hey! turn em off!

then my friend luisa says : haha u are always turning on the lights... or sum shit like that

they just don't understand how i feel :(

I like the lighting in department stores....somewhat dim and soft....shines at certain angles.....enough light but not too much. :razz:

Lighting from home bathrooms makes me look good, lighting in public bathrooms and classrooms makes me look pretty bad. It's a yellow vs. fluorescent thing.

I have this exact problem. I swear. It depresses the hell out of me. I mean, that's what the public sees...