Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frowning

Pitty on me, please sympathize so i know im not alone

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Sounds like you've gotten it fairly early, so rest easy because alot more teen around you will be effected by acne. I know this doesn't take your physical problem away, but sometimes isolation is the worst symptom of acne. When it appears to be common, it eases the social stigma somewhat.

I use light therapy which i've found to be really great in clearing mild-moderate acne. I am, like yourself, quite scared of Accutane's side effects, so light therapy is a great alternative for me.

Alot of people have had great success with the Clear Skin Regimen. If followed correctly, it seems to be a very effective acne fighting system.

One great piece of advice i can give is to be patient and thorough with your acne. There is no quick fix for acne, the sooner you realise this, the better you will treat it. Less is more.

Familiarise yourself with Dan's regimen and by all means PM me for any advice. I can always put you onto the best person for the question. :D James

Also has anyone noticed that in some lighting, acne looks bearable, and in others (like the car) it makes you feel like dropping dead because it looks so horrible. Am I crazy or does this happen to everyone. It really confused me and creates a lot of depressing mood swings.

haha ya i notice this, ill be inside and my face will look pretty good, id say ya, your doing good, then id go for a ride somewhere and almost die when i looked at the mirror, now i dont look at mirrors, they are bad for you, dont look at them and act like your clear, works for me, mood swings can cause acne im pretty sure, in the sense of stress related, when i get mad and extremely mad with something, my derm says i have a tesosterome surtge, causing pimples, more like adrenaline, so i say happy :cool:

I was having the same problems when I was your age. I would suggest, if possible, if your acne seems hormonal, to try to get on birth control. I lost weight while using it and it did help clear up my skin to a certain point. Also I would suggest going to a department store to find a good foundation for your skin, I know that using the correct makeup makes a huge difference in the way you look while having acne.

You will clear up...you just have to keep telling yourself that. At your age it's very common to have acne problems and you're not alone. I really wish that I had found acne.org at your age, it's a very helpful site.

Good Luck!

I was having the same problems when I was your age. I would suggest, if possible, if your acne seems hormonal, to try to get on birth control. I lost weight while using it and it did help clear up my skin to a certain point. Also I would suggest going to a department store to find a good foundation for your skin, I know that using the correct makeup makes a huge difference in the way you look while having acne.

You will clear up...you just have to keep telling yourself that. At your age it's very common to have acne problems and you're not alone. I really wish that I had found acne.org at your age, it's a very helpful site.

Good Luck!

I think 14 is a little to young to be on the pill, unless you actully need to be on it (for birth control or difficult periods). I'm pretty sure going to a gyno and getting an "exam" in order to get the pill could be a traumatic experience for a 14 year old. Usually the pill helps premenstrual acne flair ups in women, which is usually a different type of hormonal acne that young teenagers get, so it might not be that effective......asking your parents to go on the pill may bring up some difficult and uncomfortable questions and well as suspicions......

There are other options. Maybe try Dan's regimen, or try Proactiv (I had sucess with it as a teenager, when I first got acne). If the OTC stull doesn't work ask you mom or dad to take you to a derm......

Thinking about it, Labgirl is probably right, you're a little too young to be on the pill at this very moment. Try other things first before you go down that road. I did work part-time at a health department and saw a lot of girls that age (14) coming in for birth control for many different reasons.