Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone, I've been reading on this board for years but never contributed anything. I figured I'd share whats been working for me. I'm sure i may get blasted for some of the things, but this is what is working for me. Please excuse the bad grammer :D

I'm 22yrs old and have been dealing with acne since i was 13. After age 16 i started getting nodules and nasty cysts. It was horrible. I was also involved heavily in sports in HS. My cysts would rub up against my football helment and cause a lot of pain and distract me. I wrestled as well and that caused my face to explode. Especialy if i got hit where a pimple was, it would swell up to the size of a marble. When HS was over i figured i would clear up cause i didn't compete (still lifted though). It actually seemed to get worse.

After all the stupid shit i've put on my face and in my body, this is the combo that seems to be helping keep me clear. No cure by any means.....but this really helps (for me)

I supplemented with Vitamin A, Zinc, Vitamin E, 3,6,9 Fatty Acids, Borage Oil, Milk Thristle, L-lysine,Niacin

Increased fiber and *try* to eat more vegies

Avoided alcohol (hard thing to do in college) Fried foods and generally bad food.

Drank a gallon of water a day.

Used an exfoilating brush. The big ones at walmart for 2 bux(shhhh...i keep it hidden. its not manly :shhh:

Every morning and night I used it with wal marts Cetaphil knock off

Used wal-marts gental clenser(Cetaphil knock off), and Eucerin (alpha hydroxy acid moisturizer)

9+ Hours of sleep. Sounds a lil dumb, but it helped.

-==Now heres the part i'm sure people will disagree with==-

This is how i handled active acne....

Cystic Ance - these are nasy, especially if they are deep. I usually put a dab of BP 2.5%...and when that dries i put a drop of tea tree oil on it. If it starts to grow after that(few days), i usually take a sewing needle, (the very small ones) and insert it into the middle (the area that is raised up the most and is the redest). After i have inserted it i dab an antiseptic on the area before i withdraw the needle. I pull it out and push lightly around the area. I never squeeze hard as this will mess stuff up. I mix epson salt with water, until its concentrated enough to where no more salt disolves. I then dap a piece of a cotton ball in the solutions and let it stay on the freshly lanced nodule over night. Its amazing how much gunk it will draw out over night. During the day i will have a small drop of neosporin on it, as it helps with redness and helps it not to re-fill(don't ya hate that?!?) I have no scars and i use to do this all the time. Everyone's skin is different and you have to really get your technique down. Stickin it too soon will really cause redness and inflamation, and doin it too deep REALLY causes inflamtion. Please take note, doin this an't for everyone.

As I get older, it seems to get better but major changes started when i introduced supplements and drank lots of water.

I'm sure a lot of this is already posted on here but i hope it helps!

Take care

Chris

sounds hard to believe u have had cystic acne and have had cysts explode in your football helmet and have no scars?

Hey everyone, I've been reading on this board for years but never contributed anything. I figured I'd share whats been working for me. I'm sure i may get blasted for some of the things, but this is what is working for me. Please excuse the bad grammer :D

I'm 22yrs old and have been dealing with acne since i was 13. After age 16 i started getting nodules and nasty cysts. It was horrible. I was also involved heavily in sports in HS. My cysts would rub up against my football helment and cause a lot of pain and distract me. I wrestled as well and that caused my face to explode. Especialy if i got hit where a pimple was, it would swell up to the size of a marble. When HS was over i figured i would clear up cause i didn't compete (still lifted though). It actually seemed to get worse.

After all the stupid shit i've put on my face and in my body, this is the combo that seems to be helping keep me clear. No cure by any means.....but this really helps (for me)

I supplemented with Vitamin A, Zinc, Vitamin E, 3,6,9 Fatty Acids, Borage Oil, Milk Thristle, L-lysine,Niacin

Increased fiber and *try* to eat more vegies

Avoided alcohol (hard thing to do in college) Fried foods and generally bad food.

Drank a gallon of water a day.

Used an exfoilating brush. The big ones at walmart for 2 bux(shhhh...i keep it hidden. its not manly :shhh:

Every morning and night I used it with wal marts Cetaphil knock off

Used wal-marts gental clenser(Cetaphil knock off), and Eucerin (alpha hydroxy acid moisturizer)

-==Now heres the part i'm sure people will disagree with==-

This is how i handled active acne....

Cystic Ance - these are nasy, especially if they are deep. I usually put a dab of BP 2.5%...and when that dries i put a drop of tea tree oil on it. If it starts to grow after that(few days), i usually take a sewing needle, (the very small ones) and insert it into the middle (the area that is raised up the most and is the redest). After i have inserted it i dab an antiseptic on the area before i withdraw the needle. I pull it out and push lightly around the area. I never squeeze hard as this will mess stuff up. I mix epson salt with water, until its concentrated enough to where no more salt disolves. I then dap a piece of a cotton ball in the solutions and let it stay on the freshly lanced nodule over night. Its amazing how much gunk it will draw out over night. During the day i will have a small drop of neosporin on it, as it helps with redness and helps it not to re-fill(don't ya hate that?!?) I have no scars and i use to do this all the time. Everyone's skin is different and you have to really get your technique down. Stickin it too soon will really cause redness and inflamation, and doin it too deep REALLY causes inflamtion. Please take note, doin this an't for everyone.

As I get older, it seems to get better but major changes started when i introduced supplements and drank lots of water.

I'm sure a lot of this is already posted on here but i hope it helps!

Take care

Chris

O MY Gosh!!! when I had cystic acne I used to do the same thing!! except the whole epsom salt thing...but it works!!! and i had no scars...but then i got terrible milia all over my face and had to go on accutane and the cysts that I got on that had no freakin head and those are the only ones that left me with scars..otherwise i wouldn't have had any...if all the cysts I have had in my life had left me scars...I woulda been a lot more scarred up then i currently am!!

I have tried poking at my cyst with a needle also but nothing gets 'drawn out' over night. I think the hole that i make with the needle heals very fast and closes up? is it the epsom salt that keeps it open? where do i find it?

the cyst that i have pretty much wont budge, and im too scared to squeeze it really hard to get the gunk out.

epson salt can be found at walmart, walgreens, CVS, K-mart, etc.... It usually is where the vitamins and stuff are at. look near where the fiber is as. as for the gunk not coming out, for me, i had that prob. I was using REALLY fine sewing needls and not pushing it in far enough. i was guessing(not a doctor here) that the hole i was making wasn't big enough. i have had cysts that seem to be harder in nature around my jaw line, those usually didn't produce much junk. Its amazing what a little neo and epson salt can do. but be careful about using needles. i have read on this board that it has caused people to scar

It's not dumb. Acne skin needs more sleep than clear. Sleeping much heal skin faster.