Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
injektion

Buildup on Knee

Hey everyone,

I know this isn't acne realted, but I dind't knwo where else ot post it and I need some help.

Last summer I got into weight-lifting. I did a lot of power-cleans and when ic ould not get it up, I would fall on one or the other knee. My right knee now ahs a big thick feeling lump on it. It almost feels as if it's just a bunch of skin, but I don't know that it is, and it'sr eally bugging me. The best words I can use to describe it are "knee calice" I looked around but could not find anything.

I bought a stone to rub it with, but after I "sand" too much, it turns bright pink.

Any idaes on what the hell this may be, and how to get rid of it?

Thanks for the input :cool:

Hey everyone,

I know this isn't acne realted, but I dind't knwo where else ot post it and I need some help.

Last summer I got into weight-lifting. I did a lot of power-cleans and when ic ould not get it up, I would fall on one or the other knee. My right knee now ahs a big thick feeling lump on it. It almost feels as if it's just a bunch of skin, but I don't know that it is, and it'sr eally bugging me. The best words I can use to describe it are "knee calice" I looked around but could not find anything.

I bought a stone to rub it with, but after I "sand" too much, it turns bright pink.

Any idaes on what the hell this may be, and how to get rid of it?

Thanks for the input :cool:

go see a doctor.

Any idea what it might be?

I may see a doctor, but what kind of doctor should I see?

It could be a ganglion cyst or a bone cyst, which can both ouccur after an injury (but isn't always the case.) These require surgical treatment. It could just be a very thick callus. I get some nasy calluses on my hands from lifting, just from the pressure of the weights. I've had them for about ten years. They eventually go away if I stop lifting for a while or I wear gloves (which I hate because they make me itch).....

If it really concerns you see a GP, who will refer you to an orthopedic surgeon if he or she thinks it's a cyst. Until then, don't use so much weight when you press, or get some knee protection......if it is a cyst it could do some serious damage if you come down on it with all you body weight plus the weight of the bar and whatever weights you have on it.........if it's a callus it'll just get bigger and angrier...

Thank you for your help. I've fallen on it since and it doesn't seem to be having any negative affects, but as you said .. it does just get bigger and anrgier ... :-\. Seems like it's just a callus, but .. it does fade away, at all.. bummer ...

Not sure if this helps at all, but heres a picture of it ...

http://i1.tinypic.com/rvf2hh.jpg

Guest ilovepancakes

one word

www.webmd.com

good luck

:ninja: