Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The reason why I'm asking this is because I was just looking at the ingrediants today and it lists that it has Myristyl Myristate which is said to clog pores. I've been using complex 15 for a while and think its great but just curious if it affects my acne in anyway.

Description

Myristyl Myristate - This is a Pore Clogging and irritating ingredient. Avoid if acne prone or sensitive skin.

The reason why I'm asking this is because I was just looking at the ingrediants today and it lists that it has Myristyl Myristate which is said to clog pores. I've been using complex 15 for a while and think its great but just curious if it affects my acne in anyway.

Description

Myristyl Myristate - This is a Pore Clogging and irritating ingredient. Avoid if acne prone or sensitive skin.

Well i've been wanted to know about that also, LionQueen told me this Mysristyl is high comedogenic, though alots of people are happy from that moisture, so i douno.... maybe they put another ingredient that cancel the effect of the clogging..

i've used this for a couple of months....i'm completely clear on my chin/forehead, but my nose is still a work in progress. I have some blackheads/whiteheads in this area, and it seems like my pores are larger so they might get clogged easier. point of the story is that complex 15 might be able to clog pores in areas that you have blackheads, because the pores are larger. I think i'm going to continue using it on the rest of my face but switch to something else on my nose.

I tried that one out because it's gotten great reviews and my derm suggested it. I was a bit skeveevd out by the ingredient labeling because it's got som many comegogenic ingredients and it uses a basic soap system as an emuslifier (with some co-emulsifiers) which is a no-no if you have acne or sensitive skin. Reluctantly I tried it for about a month. That month I got a huge breakout. Really nasty.

I'm not totally blaming that moisturizer, but there are definately better ones out there. The only thing it has going for it is the phospholipid thing, but even then, it's do low on the ingredient label that it's probably just a marketing story.....

I've used Complex 15 for a long time. I started breaking out less often when I switched to it. It's a great moisturizer. And the phospholipid thing isn't all it has going for it. It's also the lightest, best absorbing moisturizer of all the ones I've tried.

As far as that ingredient goes I can't say if it's an issue. Though I highly doubt it.

I loved this lotion, but I think it did start to break me out so I stopped using it, now I have it in my purse and use it as a hand lotion.

I used it when my face got really dry. It's brought it around. I would put it on after using my green cream at night.

I used it when my face got really dry. It's brought it around. I would put it on after using my green cream at night.

that makes sense since green cream clear pores... so the moisture wouldnt clog them and can still benefit his effect...