Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys I've been using Differin and benzaclin for almost 3 months and though I've seen some improvement I really haven't noticed alot. Anyway I have a prescription for Tretinoin cream .05% and am wondering if I should start it tonight since I started birth control tonight too...or should I stick with Differin for a while longer even tho it isnt helping. I'm also using Keflex an antibiotic ...thanks

I'm sorry but I only know that Differin is a weaker form of Retina. I have Differin but I'm not sure if I can use it while on the CSR.

Well I used Differin alone for 10 months and it always kept me relatively clear, but I stopped cause it caused flushing (as do all oral and topical retinoids)..so my advice would be to stick with the Differin cause it was really gentle for me.

Guest Marino

Hey guys I've been using Differin and benzaclin for almost 3 months and though I've seen some improvement I really haven't noticed alot. Anyway I have a prescription for Tretinoin cream .05% and am wondering if I should start it tonight since I started birth control tonight too...or should I stick with Differin for a while longer even tho it isnt helping. I'm also using Keflex an antibiotic ...thanks

hello!

differin is one of the weaker of the retinoids, i would move onto the tretinoin cream right away.

Any topical retinoid requires max of 3-4 cycles to have its full affect on acne, meaning if you dont see the results you want in 3 months, then its time to try another product.

I would opt for tarozac if your interested in a stronger topical retinoid, give that another 3 months,

however the pill and anti-biotics would intervene during the time, so its hard to see which product will actually get you clear.

I recomend you continue using either the pill or tretinoin cream after your clear to maintain your skin,

as the anti-biotics will cease working after a few months - years depending on how your body responds.

take care