Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChrissyC

Post Fraxel breakouts

I am trying not to freak out. After my first fraxel treatment, I got two bumps. I didn't touch them. Didn't put anything on them because my skin was still pretty red when they showed up. Well, I've been pretty happy with my results so far, but I was looking in the mirror today and realized that one of the bumps has turned into a crater! I KNOW I didn't have a scar in that particular place on my face. And the last vestige of a pimple is still a little visible. (It wasn't even a cyst. More like a whitehead that never fully "blossomed"). I don't really breakout anymore, so I don't remember what the healing process is like. I certainly don't remember ever watching a new scar form - as a matter of fact, I'm confounded as to where all my scars came from. My worst breakouts were on my jaw and neck, but my scars are all on my cheeks.

What if I get MORE scars from this treatment. I've been so positive and excited about finally doing something to make my skin better, and now I'm realizing that maybe it'll get worse??? I've never even heard of this with fraxel. Will this indent surface out when the pimple is all the way gone? I feel so stupid. I've had acne all my life and here I am reeling from one stupid pimple!

I break out a bit after my vstar lasers. My derm says it's normal, and that the laser deeps dig into your skin, and brings all impurities up to the surface. I have never had Fraxel though, and I don't know if it's the same. Is it looking better though?

Hey Chrissy, I had my first fraxel on friday, and although not a break out, i got one on my chin, and i too freaked out, From what I myself dont think its from the fraxel itself, but from all the shit that they put on afterwards, just a thought

Brian

I've gotten a few spots too (just recently had my first fraxel), but nothing serious...although I do have a small annoying white head on my cheek and I *never* get whiteheads in this area anymore.That said, I'm not too worried about it. I have sensitive skin, so it figures I'd get a few spots. When I go in for my second treatment I'm going to see what my dr. says about taking an oral medication. Holelyface, what did your doctor prescribe you?

I've gotten a few spots too (just recently had my first fraxel), but nothing serious...although I do have a small annoying white head on my cheek and I *never* get whiteheads in this area anymore.That said, I'm not too worried about it. I have sensitive skin, so it figures I'd get a few spots. When I go in for my second treatment I'm going to see what my dr. says about taking an oral medication. Holelyface, what did your doctor prescribe you?

Doxycap... Heard its some kinda anti biotics...

I am trying not to freak out. After my first fraxel treatment, I got two bumps. I didn't touch them. Didn't put anything on them because my skin was still pretty red when they showed up. Well, I've been pretty happy with my results so far, but I was looking in the mirror today and realized that one of the bumps has turned into a crater! I KNOW I didn't have a scar in that particular place on my face. And the last vestige of a pimple is still a little visible. (It wasn't even a cyst. More like a whitehead that never fully "blossomed"). I don't really breakout anymore, so I don't remember what the healing process is like. I certainly don't remember ever watching a new scar form - as a matter of fact, I'm confounded as to where all my scars came from. My worst breakouts were on my jaw and neck, but my scars are all on my cheeks.

What if I get MORE scars from this treatment. I've been so positive and excited about finally doing something to make my skin better, and now I'm realizing that maybe it'll get worse??? I've never even heard of this with fraxel. Will this indent surface out when the pimple is all the way gone? I feel so stupid. I've had acne all my life and here I am reeling from one stupid pimple!

Hi Chrissy, I was freaking a couple of times at different things that I've seen too. I had a large indentation along my cheekbone from a scar. For about a week it seemed like it was getting bigger. I've been waitiing it out, and it's shallower and smoothing out more, and looking better. I really think we've got to give this stuff time. Sometimes I look in the mirror, and can't remember if something was there or not before, and I get panicky. My husband keeps telling me it is getting better, and quit looking at it. I don't know if this answer helps you or not. I had my 5th 2 days ago, and I actually let him go to 22 with 4 passes. I thought I was gonna die it hurt so bad. I'm worrying too what this is going to look like when the swelling goes down. Also, I'm taking doxycycline. I'd call my doctor if I were you, and see if he thinks you should take something. I hope everything works out o.k. for you. I'm sure it will. Nothing awful has happened to me yet.

I have my second fraxel next wednesday. I'll definitely mention it to the doctor. I know for a fact that it's a new indent. But unlike the majority of my scars, the edges are soft. Maybe when it completely heals it will go away - it's still a little red. Or maybe I have another scar for life. Fricking skin. On the whole I've been happy with my first treatment. My skin looks better than it used to (this is especially noticeable when I put on makeup), but I have a long way to go, and the wait is difficult.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm awaiting for fourth Fraxel treatment in the next two weeks or so.

The first treatment gave me improvements and i just assumed that with every treatment the improvement would be the same, but it wasn't - possibly because the first treatment was a 'spot treatment' and the following treatments were full face (so the laser's 15% rule) was distributed over a larger area.

I got about 5 new scars after the Fraxel treatment The thing is - i was on Accutane at the same time - and it is to accutane that i attribute my scarring as before it i had 0 scars. The doc's said i'd be fine on accutane and having fraxel at the same time. It is the Fraxel + Accutane that caused the 5 new scars.

I freaked out at first, but then thought to myself - Fraxel is softening my other main scars, the new ones are really shallow gentle minor scars, so 1. i know i can lessen the scars and 2. if i get rid of the big annoying ones i'll feel better on the whole.

keep me posted as to how you're going.

with love

narcisses.

My dr. prescribed me clindamycin phosphate lotion, and it really helped with the swollen, red zit I had on my cheek. All BP did was irritate it. You could ask your doctor to prescribe this as an alternative to an oral med.

Chrissy, How are you doing?

Nothing to report :) I have my 2nd fraxel on Wednesday. I'm sick of staring at my skin. I swear, sometimes I think "Wow! I already see a difference!" and sometimes I'm convinced it looks worse. I think all this staring, looking for improvement is making me see stuff I never noticed. #1cubsfan, I read in another post that you're a couple days out from your 5th treatment. What do you think???? And are you done? Or do you still have more to do?

Nothing to report :) I have my 2nd fraxel on Wednesday. I'm sick of staring at my skin. I swear, sometimes I think "Wow! I already see a difference!" and sometimes I'm convinced it looks worse. I think all this staring, looking for improvement is making me see stuff I never noticed. #1cubsfan, I read in another post that you're a couple days out from your 5th treatment. What do you think???? And are you done? Or do you still have more to do?

Hi Chrissy, I will be so glad when this is done, because I am definitely obsessing over it. I'm tired of looking for changes, too. It's been 7 days since my treatment, and I'm still flaking quite a bit. Now I'm glad that he went for it this time, because I see more improvement this time than any other. I've only got 1 treatment left(thank God), and I am going to tell him to only do 2 passes this time, instead of 4. I don't want to go through it again. Did that spot improve where you had that lump? I do see a couple of small indentations that weren't there before, but as long as it's better overall, it's o.k. Take care and keep us posted on your next one!

Hi Chrissy, I will be so glad when this is done, because I am definitely obsessing over it. I'm tired of looking for changes, too. It's been 7 days since my treatment, and I'm still flaking quite a bit. Now I'm glad that he went for it this time, because I see more improvement this time than any other. I've only got 1 treatment left(thank God), and I am going to tell him to only do 2 passes this time, instead of 4. I don't want to go through it again. Did that spot improve where you had that lump? I do see a couple of small indentations that weren't there before, but as long as it's better overall, it's o.k. Take care and keep us posted on your next one!

Cubsfan are those small indentations you notice from the fraxel treatments or do you think they are from breakouts after the fraxel?

Cubsfan are those small indentations you notice from the fraxel treatments or do you think they are from breakouts after the fraxel?

They'e definitely from the Fraxel. I didn't have any breakouts near them. There's only a couple and they're near my temple.