Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ya well besides having really messed up chappy lips I have a red rim completely surrounding my lips.

It is about half a centimeter in length from the edge of my lips.

Sorta looks like clown make-up or some stupid crap.

Anyways, anyone else get this and is there anything I can do to get it to go away??

Try a product called cortibalm...it's a lip balm that has hydrocortisone in it....apply to your lips and the area around your lips that's red. It will bring down the redness and inflammation. If you can't find it (not alot of stores carry it around here) go to a pharmacy and ask if they can order it for you and they should be able to have it the following day. Good luck!

I have a hydrocortisone cream 0.5% w/ aloe.

Is that the same stuff? If so, I think it may actually be whats been causing it but who knows.

A few minutes ago I applied normal vaseline and well... the pain is gone but I doubt its gonna do much for healing.

yes, same active ingredient.....but cortibalm is not a cream, its in a stick tube like chapstick, as its specifically made for the lips. The hydrocortisone in it is 1% strength. here's a link to their website www.cortibalm.com

hey

i had the same thing throughout tane, and unfortunately u just have to egg it out. cortibalm made my lips worst after the first week, thot it wud really help buit it didnt. i just stuck to blistex throughout. although most the time my lips still looked fucked up. i had to time blistex, put it on 2 hours before work, so when i went to work it had settled and didnt look to weird, but end of shift my lips wud look like fuckin shit. yeh i know, pretty pathetic. so basically you just had to put up with it, it was a pure exchange in my case - swop ur acne for messy lips!