Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bedrock

Acne and your liver

So we all know that the liver is the most important organ in our body, next to our heart. Our liver cleans our blood and rids of any toxins. If our liver were to get overflowed with toxins or hormone based substances, then the liver may not be able to clean all our blood. I've had acne and oily skin for so many years. It's mild, but I can't solve my problem. I've heard people say that oily skin is a cause of fatty acids or homones not being able to be broken down and cleaned by the liver. If you have oily skin, then you know how gross it feels on your skin. We all have pores on our skin. Why would oil or sebum be pushing through our pores, unless something was internally wrong? I think a lot of excess sebum or oil is due to our liver being over loaded and not being able to clean it before it exits out our system. I've been taking herbs for blood cleaning and liver cleaning for about 6 months. I do notice a little less acne since. Right now, I am testing to see if a low testosterone level actually benefits my liver. I stopped lifting weights, and stopped playing with the one eyed monster. It's been a week and a half so far. If I see results, then my liver is not being over loaded with excess hormones, thus less acne. Anyone have more info about the liver and acne?

You're exactly right... the liver is what it all comes down to. Well, maybe the liver and the bowels.

Taking herbs is good and part of the solution, but it's rarely enough. Most people's livers are loaded with stones, so the liver can't work optimally no matter how many things you take. You have to flush the stones out.

Liver flushes with a colonic after each one, liver herbs (Chinese Bitters, dandelion), and carrot juice would probably probably cure almost everyone's acne and oily skin.

I've already gotten a huge improvement with just 3 liver flushes.

You're exactly right... the liver is what it all comes down to. Well, maybe the liver and the bowels.

Taking herbs is good and part of the solution, but it's rarely enough. Most people's livers are loaded with stones, so the liver can't work optimally no matter how many things you take. You have to flush the stones out.

Liver flushes with a colonic after each one, liver herbs (Chinese Bitters, dandelion), and carrot juice would probably probably cure almost everyone's acne and oily skin.

I've already gotten a huge improvement with just 3 liver flushes.

can u give more detail on how to flush liver? ty

can u give more detail on how to flush liver? ty

Okay. There are a few websites that say how to do a liver flush, but I don't follow any one of those methods exactly, so I'll just type out what I do.

Before doing any of this, you should be having regular bowel movements -- 1-3 a day depending on how much you eat. If you don't, you should do bowel cleansing first (look into Blessed Herbs, Oxy-Powder).

It's a good idea to take something like Chinese Bitters for at least a few weeks before you ever flush, but it's not absolutely necessary.

For about a week prior to a flush, take stone dissolvers/softeners. (See: http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=37#a12). I use Gold Coin Grass and apple cider vinegar.

It helps to drink carrot juice during this time, too.

The day of the flush, only eat light foods, low-fat. Stop eating by around 2:00. You can still drink water after this. At 7:00 PM, take 1 teaspoon of Epsom salts in a glass of water. At 9:00, drink 1/2 a cup of olive oil mixed with 3/4 of a cup of grapefruit juice (mix it well!). Drink a bit of strong ginger tea right after this, or add fresh ginger to the oil/juice mixture -- this helps nausea. Go to bed.

The next morning or afternoon, get a colonic.

I don't know what your diet is like, but I have to say that if it's full of junk food and trans fats, there is not much point in doing this.

Anyway, here are some good websites about this stuff:

http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php

http://www.sensiblehealth.com

You should do liver flushes once ever 3-4 weeks until you stop getting out stones.

Can you clarify the extent to which these flushes have helped your skin, have they got rid of blackheads if you had them, for instance?

Wow i'm so envious of people who succeed with these liver flushes!

Did you only bother with the 1 dose of oil/juice each time?

Ive finally got the chance (time) to do a liver-flush, gonna do it this friday. with epsom salts and a salt water flush afterwards. hope that will do.

Can you clarify the extent to which these flushes have helped your skin, have they got rid of blackheads if you had them, for instance?

Hmm... I don't know if I have many blackheads. I don't really look in the mirror close enough to know.

I would say that my third liver flush brought my acne from moderate to very mild. But it has been 3 and half weeks since that flush and I'm starting to break out again..... I'm doing another flush in a week and a half (couldn't get a colonic appt. for sooner).

Did you only bother with the 1 dose of oil/juice each time?

Yup. I don't know if I could handle a second dose. Maybe I'll try for my next one, though.

I scored the epsom salts today, at the pharmacy. Pretty cheap stuff. The lady told me it can be dangerous if u take too much. She gave recommendation of not more then 30grams a day...

I would say that my third liver flush brought my acne from moderate to very mild. But it has been 3 and half weeks since that flush and I'm starting to break out again..... I'm doing another flush in a week and a half (couldn't get a colonic appt. for sooner).

hey- this is probabley a really dumb question, but what is a colonic appt.? i assume it's with some type of doctor but i've never heard of getting an apt. for a colon cleanse. what type of doctor is it? what do they do? thanks!

hey- this is probabley a really dumb question, but what is a colonic appt.? i assume it's with some type of doctor but i've never heard of getting an apt. for a colon cleanse. what type of doctor is it? what do they do? thanks!

Colonics are like enemas... but done with a machine and by a professional (usually a nurse?). I'm new to them myself (I've only had one) so I might not be the best person to ask about them. Just Google "colonics" or "colonic irrigation" or "colon hydrotherapy" and I'm sure you'll find more info on them.

hey, so i googled that stuff and this is what i found...it's from CNN:

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/HEALTH/altern....wmd/index.html

it sounds kinda like a sketchy operation...

I read an article on colonics that convinced me that the chance of them doing any harm is miniscule. Here: http://www.meridianinstitute.com/reports/colonic1.html

I can't say how much benefit there is to getting colonics in general (just because I haven't had a lot of them), but it is absolutely necessary after a liver flush to get the stones and toxins out ASAP and a colonic is the best way to do that.

so you get yours done with a professional doctor?

It was a nurse who did mine.

how much do you pay for it?

A hell of a lot! I'm in Canada so the price I pay is probably irrelevant to you.

and it seems like you could get the same results from just taking a laxative..am i wrong?

You are wrong. First of all, taking a laxative is not going to get out all the stones released from a liver flush. (I don't know if you're thinking of doing liver flushes, but since that's what this thread is about...) And laxatives weaken the bowels, colonics strengthen them. Also, a laxative will just push out your food faster, but a colonic actually cleanses your colon of old impacted fecal matter (supposedly anyway).

AHHHH.... THIS IS THE BEST THREAD OUT RIGHT NOW.

I just had surgery or I might go off for paragraphs on how crucial the liver is. Think about this, if you have an allergy to an OTC product THEN if your liver is running optimal you may not break out from that product. In other words, I used to use salicylic acid and it would make me break out. NOw that my liver is much stronger/healthier I can use this product and see success.

I have a theory that people who have parents that lived out of the US may have only had natural foods in their diets and therefore their livers can't handle this type of diet. My father came to the US at 18. His body had good natural foods until then. Other people who have parents that were here probably ate more processed food and therefore married a person who didn't break out from processed food. Anyways, acne will be a part of selection process in chosing your mate. So those with livers that can't handle the enormous load of the american diet will not find partners as easy.

This is why proactiv works for some people and not for others. It all comes down to this, can your liver process all the chemicals you put on your skin, you breath in, you eat, and everything else. Everything unnatural and natural that goes into your body must be broken down by the liver.

Remember all you people learning about this that if you don't have a clean colon it is all worthless.

I did a liver flush before my colon got cleansed and wallah! NO STONES.

I did a liver flush after my colon was cleansed and I got 100.

Your system has to be in tip top to get good results. Plus I would definitely recommend some type of stone softener such as malic acid pre flush because you need to soften the stones. I am developing a theory that I call systems theory. It involves you getting these 3 important systems functioning in tip top: Liver/Colon/Lymph. Once those are in order your body can begin to process every toxin and then you no longer have acne.

Want to give your liver a break.

1. Stay away from refined sugars (everything outside of fresh fruit)

2. Red meat occasionally

3. Only eat good fats (nuts, olive, coconut, flax oil, and fish fat/oil) Stay away from american processed fats especially fast food fat or cooking oils that americans use

4. LOwer carb intake (other than fruit and veg) eat carbs 1 or 2 times a day if you are active. You liver has to store all those carbs as glycogen so it will definitely get backed up if you eat carbs 3+ times a day

5. Eat fresh foods /fruit/vegetables

6. drink carrot beet juice. Fresh squeezed is best. Pasturized is worst. Get the best you can. Carrot is great

Spinach is awesome food for your liver.

Later. Good luck.

colonic or enema... doesn't matter. It is a good idea to do that after the flush to get rid of toxins. IF a colonic sounds expensive, then don't do it. I don't.

Guess how much a P&B shake costs? 20 cents give or take a dime

Guess how much an enema costs? like 7 bucks for a year, unlimitted enemas.

DOn't make this too hard. You could take 3 p&b shakes a day and get good results on toxin release

a p and b shake is a psyllium and bentonite clay shake btw

I was planning on doing this in the near future...So I should do a colon cleanse first......

but after you do the live cleans should you do another colon cleanse? I assume so, I need to get an enema bag

what about taking milk thistle along with a healthy diet?

is this an good idea?

I take 350mg milk thistle twice a day on an empty stomach with carrot juice. This is a bit more aggressive dosage as most will recommend 300mg a day.

Milk thistle has been proven to lower the toxins in the liver but it doesn't clean the liver. It just helps it work better. TO truly clean the liver you must flush it.

I think if you are like me and know that you liver has been weakened (I took accutane 3 times and ate awful for 20 years) then you should definitely help the liver work with the mik thistle.

I take power herbs milk thistle as it was the cheapest. I think I pay about 10$ a month for that 700mg a day dossage. I usually buy from www.allstarhealth.com or that vitamin shoppe place online. They both have the best prices. Vitamin shop with have your more esoteric items.

I was planning on doing this in the near future...So I should do a colon cleanse first......

but after you do the live cleans should you do another colon cleanse? I assume so, I need to get an enema bag

A colon cleanse would be a separate thing. It would be a period of say 5 days where you would eat a lot less food or no food and take some type of supplement that would clean the walls of the colon. The best product out there is blessedherbs.com because it removes more of that mucoid plaque on your intestinal walls then any other company.

When people talk about cleaning the colon AFTER a liver flush they are saying to do an enema. A process where you flush you stomach with water over a period of around 20 minutes or so. Another option is to do something called P&B shakes which is a drink that would go into your stomach and absorb a lot of toxins and push out any extra food/stones. Psyllium has the fiber and bentonite clay has the absorbing power.

DID YOU KNOW that bentonite clay can absorb up to 40 times its weight in toxins!? So each time you take a tablespoon it can absorb 40 tablespoons of toxins! simply amazing. It isn't too expensive. 10 bucks for over a months supply.

AHHHH.... THIS IS THE BEST THREAD OUT RIGHT NOW.

I just had surgery or I might go off for paragraphs on how crucial the liver is. Think about this, if you have an allergy to an OTC product THEN if your liver is running optimal you may not break out from that product. In other words, I used to use salicylic acid and it would make me break out. NOw that my liver is much stronger/healthier I can use this product and see success.

I have a theory that people who have parents that lived out of the US may have only had natural foods in their diets and therefore their livers can't handle this type of diet. My father came to the US at 18. His body had good natural foods until then. Other people who have parents that were here probably ate more processed food and therefore married a person who didn't break out from processed food. Anyways, acne will be a part of selection process in chosing your mate. So those with livers that can't handle the enormous load of the american diet will not find partners as easy.

This is why proactiv works for some people and not for others. It all comes down to this, can your liver process all the chemicals you put on your skin, you breath in, you eat, and everything else. Everything unnatural and natural that goes into your body must be broken down by the liver.

Remember all you people learning about this that if you don't have a clean colon it is all worthless.

I did a liver flush before my colon got cleansed and wallah! NO STONES.

I did a liver flush after my colon was cleansed and I got 100.

Your system has to be in tip top to get good results. Plus I would definitely recommend some type of stone softener such as malic acid pre flush because you need to soften the stones. I am developing a theory that I call systems theory. It involves you getting these 3 important systems functioning in tip top: Liver/Colon/Lymph. Once those are in order your body can begin to process every toxin and then you no longer have acne.

Want to give your liver a break.

1. Stay away from refined sugars (everything outside of fresh fruit)

2. Red meat occasionally

3. Only eat good fats (nuts, olive, coconut, flax oil, and fish fat/oil) Stay away from american processed fats especially fast food fat or cooking oils that americans use

4. LOwer carb intake (other than fruit and veg) eat carbs 1 or 2 times a day if you are active. You liver has to store all those carbs as glycogen so it will definitely get backed up if you eat carbs 3+ times a day

5. Eat fresh foods /fruit/vegetables

6. drink carrot beet juice. Fresh squeezed is best. Pasturized is worst. Get the best you can. Carrot is great

Spinach is awesome food for your liver.

Later. Good luck.

colonic or enema... doesn't matter. It is a good idea to do that after the flush to get rid of toxins. IF a colonic sounds expensive, then don't do it. I don't.

Guess how much a P&B shake costs? 20 cents give or take a dime

Guess how much an enema costs? like 7 bucks for a year, unlimitted enemas.

DOn't make this too hard. You could take 3 p&b shakes a day and get good results on toxin release

a p and b shake is a psyllium and bentonite clay shake btw

That is soooo true!!!!

I wasnt born in US, moved here when I was 12. Ate healthy all 12 years, when moved to US, got acne!... :( At least being a foreigner, gives your body an ability to burn off fat faster, because no matter what I eat, I am always slim. Unlike north americans, who have good skin, but poor digestion

That is soooo true!!!!

I wasnt born in US, moved here when I was 12. Ate healthy all 12 years, when moved to US, got acne!... :( At least being a foreigner, gives your body an ability to burn off fat faster, because no matter what I eat, I am always slim. Unlike north americans, who have good skin, but poor digestion

Again this is just a theory of mine but here it is:

If your parents/ancestors had high NATURAL diets then their livers and bodies were able to act very proficiently on that natural food. The thing you learn about liver function is that the more natural the food the easier it is for the liver to process. In other words SATURATED fats engineered by man are DIFFICULT for the body/liver while NATURAL fats from nuts and NATURAL fruits and vegetables are super easy to process.

Acne will always be part of the selection process in chosing a mate. In other words, beauty comes into play. If a person has a 1000 breakouts on their face they will have a tougher time scoring the hottest girl in class than a guy who has perfect skin. It is natural for people to select mates who appear healthy, etc. SO, and here is what I am getting at, if your family is from america and has been subject to processed foods (not only america, probably other european areas too) for a long time. If your ancestors were subject to a lot of processed food THEN it is likely that they chose a mate who had a healthy appearance. In other words, they chose a mate that had clearer skin (or the best they could get) WHICH means that this person could handle a high amount of processed foods in their diet. Which means the kids could process high amounts of processed foods in their diets due to genetic inheritance.

What I am saying is that if your parents are only 1 step away from having a high amount of natural foods in their diets THEN it is possible that the mate they chose may/may not have had high processed food tolerance. While those who have parents that have been around processed foods have a much higher probability that they can handle the processed foods because their parents selected mates based on this criteria.

Sorry if I was vague or ambiguous at times.