Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Akira

Jojoba Oil is not doing me any favours

Guest Akira

not sure if its coincedence or if the Jojoba oil im using is making my skin worse, usually when i wake up in the morning my skin looks its best, but now with this jojoba on all night, it looks just as bad as it normally does.

I have more spots than when i didn't use it before, im willing to go on for a week or so to see if it improves but its making me very upset :(

anyone else used it and had a similar experience?

about two months ago a switched my make-up because I was breaking out. After i stopped using it my skin got better.... found out it had jojoba oil in it.

- Lauren

i heard some ppl say that jojoba oil purges the pores and brings out all the crap under the surface so it makes u break out... ppl usually break out during the first week of using jojoba i heard.. up to u if u wanna keep going, i prefer using rosehip oil,

i heard some ppl say that jojoba oil purges the pores and brings out all the crap under the surface so it makes u break out...

ditto. i broke out quite horribly in the second week. i'm so happy that i stuck thru. you have to try a product for at least a month before you can judge its effectiveness and compatibility with your skin. give your skin some time to adjust.

for the girl who broke out from makeup, it's possible that another ingredient(s) was comedogenic and caused breakouts.

You need to know how to use jojoba oil. If you put it on makeup or around it its going to cause the oil that the makeup has to absorb into your skin thus breaking you out more. Happen to me :(, i knew it was that because i put some makeup just on one small area and with the jojoba i had about 3 small pimples around it the next day. Or use tinted bp + jojoba oil for the win. Jojoba oil usally makes oils absorb real fast and better on to the skin thats why when you put it on you can instantly see the dry flakes fade away.

Usally the best way to use it is with tea tree oil. Then again it can be the jojoba oil if it contains something different in it then that could be the cause. My complexion has really been helped with jojoba oil so dont give up.

I read on Must-Know-Info.com that you need to use Jojoba Oil and another type to make it work, I'm not quite sure what kind it was, but if you want to know take a look for yourself.

I read on Must-Know-Info.com (click here) that you need to use Jojoba Oil and another type to make it work, I'm not quite sure what kind it was, but if you want to know take a look for yourself.

Do you know which article this was in? I tried to search for it and nothing came up.

Yeah I know, the search thingy doesn't seem o be working, by the sounds of the message the site is still under construction, I will have a look tonight (I live in New Zealand so there is a time difference) and I'll post the URL on here.

Sorry guys, I put the link on here but the admin has orderd me to take it off. If you can remember the site you can go have a look, I'm sorry for the inconvienience.

If Jojoba Oil doesn't help I suggest you find other oils that work for you. Jojoba Oil did not react with my skinw ell but Rosehip Oil worked very well. It's all about listening to your skin.