Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SomeGuy123

Waiting 5-15 Minutes

The first few weeks i tried the regimen, i only waited 5 minutes (sometimes less than that) to apply BP. Last week, i realized that this was my large mistake. I tried waiting at least 10 minutes, usually 15, and my skin is beginning to look better *knock on wood*.

Maybe this is why i was only getting minimal results.

What is the purpose of waiting after washing your face, and why does it make such a difference?

I find that the only reasons me to wait after washing my face is a) to make sure my face is completely dry and b) to limit irritation if I happened to use an irritating cleanser (which I don't). I pat dry my face very thoroughly, so I apply the BP immediately after drying my face. Waiting 15 minutes after applying the BP before putting on the moisturizer is DEFINITELY worth it, though.

I typically wait about 10 minutes between each.

The reason is that the acne medications actually absorb better on dry skin, and it also decreases irritation to wait until your skin is totally dry.

for me ive found waiting 15 mins drys my skin out alot where as if i wait 10 mins i dont get dry skin lol weird so 10 mins for me works great :D

Yer but the thing is, after 10 minutes from applying soap I am flakey and very dry, so I wet my face, pat dry then apply BP.

Is that okay to do that.

no, you are defeating the purpose of waiting if you apply more water.

Apply the bp to dry skin, after waiting 10-15 mins.; then wait another 10 mins. or so and apply the moisturizer. That should take away any dryness that you have.

So just out of curiousity, what is the point of the 15 minutes between BP and moisturizing?

Off the top of my head, I've noticed that my moisturizer goes on a lot better if I wait at least 10 minutes after putting on the BP. I don't get any clumping and I can load up the moisturizer without it "peeling" off the BP, which is something I have experienced if I don't wait long enough. I don't know if it helps the BP to be more effective, but it certainly makes the texture and appearance of my skin look better.