Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

For all of you who said ur acne came back after accutane..

Cause i have very mild acne and just started tane, but im wondering since so many of u said ur acne came back. How severe was it in the 1st place?

Cause i have very mild acne and just started tane, but im wondering since so many of u said ur acne came back. How severe was it in the 1st place?

Mine was probably a little bit worse than mild. It wasn't cystic or "horrible". Accutane cleared me up pretty good, before my face was VERY oily, I could wipe off my face and 2 hours later it'd be oily again. Now my face is pretty normal in terms of oil, but I'm starting to break out again around my mouth, on my jawline, and on my neck sometimes. It's frustrating because I was hoping I'd be done with acne, but it looks like I was wrong. Most people I hear talk about their acne coming back they say they get 1 zit a week or something., For me it's 3 or 4 smaller zits a day, and here and there ones that hurt. I hate it.

Mine was very mild but persistant and none of the topicals or medications were working... i went on it 4 years ago and 6 months ago the oil was back and i started breaking out again.. im trying doxy and retinA now but if in a month its not better, im back to accutane which i really dont want to go thru again!!! But hey i had nice skin for 4 years so i guess it was worth it :cool: