Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was thinking about it and I'm sure that wearing a bra affects how bad you break out on your back because it's something constantly pressing into your back. How often should you wash your bra?

For some reason i don't ever breakout where my regular bra rubs. But i do where my sports bra rubs. I always wear a clean sports bra. Do you breakout where your bra rubs?

u should wash it everyday?!

i certainly do

wow, really!? I'd say once a week max. hmm. I feel so dirty now. lol. i do notice that i tend to break out on the backs of my shoulders where the bra straps rub. i think they irritate existing pimples.

Inever broke out where my bras rub. I wash my sports bras after every use, regular bras every 2-3 wears (I don't sweat on them as I wear spots bras 5+ days/week).

I bet it does irroitate your existing acne...try washing them more often, or switch to a sports bra or halter-style bra if you have a zit there so it won't get irritated.

Guest Marino

I was thinking about it and I'm sure that wearing a bra affects how bad you break out on your back because it's something constantly pressing into your back. How often should you wash your bra?

If your definite that there is a correlation between breakouts and wearing your bra,

i strongly suggest you look into folliculitis.

It can be caused by friction [not just shaving], which is perhaps what the bra is doing and agrevating your skin to break out.

take care

i recommend washing it everyday because that reduces the amount of bacteria, oil and dirt that accumlates on the straps and pads, especially since bras have such close contact with our skin

i notice there is hardly any breakout where my straps are

just one weird thing...i seem to break out every monday?!!

i have no idea why...

Guest PokaHotAz

yup!! indeed,... if i wear a bra on 2 03 ocassions w/o washing it i get a blemish where the strap is ... fucking hate that shit.. its just that they dont get dirty..u know.. and they smell good :)

but i guess they do get soiled with back oils or something lol... so i gotta stop that i have two blemishes on my back right now where the strap is usually at ... that and ive been slacking off on my glove use.

Maybe what your washing your bra with might be the problem due to the fact that most detergents carry a vast array of dyes, perfume, fragrances and other skin irritants which might irritate sensitive skin.

maybe :shrug:

Guest PokaHotAz

lol... ^^ true i hear that ...lol but then the boobies look obvious n people will stare n know that ur not wearing a bra...

i mean, im one that makes a weird face when i see a chick not wearing a bra and her boobs look like cones n stuff lol

Guest beanz

lol @ the cone boobs...yeah that is pretty sick, unless u have to do it (b/c of ways certain shirts are cut)