Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest nec77

help me plz

Guest nec77

I got few active acne: 1 whitehead, 1 blackhead, and like 3 pimples.. I also got a lot of red marks that i've had for 2 years + ( i was told they scars but honestly i dont feel it)... should I do this regimen? I'm asking because I read that it helps with redmarks under "what to expect" but someone also said on this that it makes them take longer to heal... also, i dont break out much... isnt it true that if i start this regimen and then quit my skin will keep breaking out? i dont want that because i dont break out much anymore.

and for these red marks that ive had for 2+ years, is time the only thing that will help reduce the redness or does like vinegar and egg white masks really work? (permanent?) [i know thats for the red mark forum but anyone have success with those?] plz help. thanks

in my opinion, if you only have a few pimples, I wouldn't worry about any particular Regimen. The only caveat to that is if your skin seems to be on a downward trend, you might want to go ahead and do the Regimen as a prevention method, to keep your skin from getting worse.

But, it honestly sounds like yours is not very bad.

I agree with Brandy. If your main concern is red marks, you'd be better off trying to treat those specifically, rather than your active acne. You can check out the red marks forum for suggestions how.

Guest nec77

thank you two, im going to just go ahead and use the cetaphil soap in the morning and night. Should I also use the moistruizer? It has spf 15... so if you think I should use it.. should it just be in morning (its smells like sun screen lol) -thanks

Well if the Cetaphil dries your face out which it might, you could use the moisturizer with SPF 15 with it. It couldn't hurt to use a bit of SPF to protect your face from the sun but if you have light skin it won't protect it if you're out for too long or in strong sunlight. Make sure to wait around five minutes after you've washed with the Cetaphil and dried your face before using the moisturizer though to make sure it doesn't go on messy.

If you have marks i would suggest useing my products man... It does wonders for red marks. My products are listed below... And if i were you i would use like a quarter size of bp all over or on your active areas of acne... This wont post pone healing as long as you take your vitamins and get the nutrients for your skin to heal...Thats probable why you havent been able to get rid of your marks... If you want my vitamins supplement email me and i will give it to you and explain what each of the vitamins do... The cleanser and moisturizer has AHA which helps with the red marks, hyperpigmenation, scars and other acne marks. Plus it helps with wrinkles and ect... These are the best products that i think and help tremedously with it.. If i were you the spf is a bit greesy... I dulute mine with combination skin from neutrogena during the day and i dont care about night.. My face is shine free now and oiless. LAters and good luck..Hope i could help yea a bit...

red marks are helped my moistursers that contain Lactic Acid or another from of AHA.

mayb u shud do what buff said an take vitamins (vitamin C and Zinc are mainly for skin)

and get a moisturser with a definate AHA in it.

that shud clear those stubborn redmarks out.

@buffryder - Just wondering, the (Neutrogena healthy skin mositurizer spf 15 or regular with AHA) you use, do you live in the UK? How much does it cost when you buy it and what ml do you buy, and where do you buy it?

Thanks.

If its the one im looking at on boots.com, its damn expensive. £10 for 30ml!!!

nec77, you have asked a question that I was wondering about - if you start this regime, if you stop using the BP will the spots come back?

In my case I have clogged pores and I am using BP to unblock them. If this is achieved, I was going to stop using BP and use 'normal' skin care products to make sure my pores don't get clogged again. Is this the right thing to do?

(Sorry to hijack your thread nec77!!)

BP isnt longterm, it only works for 12hours approx after application, after that ur skin is back to 100% normal.

so if ur skin is stil producing extra sebum and therefore acne is occuring,

stopping BP wil simply mean in a week or so ur spots will all be back an ul have2 start over.

most people intend to do the regimen for a few YEARS, and once they really stop getting spots an their skin is always clear and they feel they have matured past the stage of acne. we might consider dropping to one application a day... and if our skin stays nice an clear. then MAYBE stopping the regimen totally.

however this isnt a thing u shud decide to do now. it would be something u do once u really know ur skin is past the stage of acne.

until then

regimen should continue