Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marvin

Clear Skinned people better than those with acne (Not a myth!!)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have finally realized that clear skinned people are pretty much better than those with acne.

For example if you were to go in for an interview and you had acne as opposed to someone without it. Keep in mind both have the same qualificiations the determining factor would be the appearance of the candidate.

Employers would obviously choose the potential employee without acne. :rolleyes:

Plus people with clear skin don't give a damn about acne people because they think we are inferior to them.

Walking down the street I can recall instances when people would act all pompous and self righteous. It hurt my feelings but thats the truth.

Should we as acne sufferers just accept that we are peasants (acne sufferers) amongst royalty (clear skinned peoples) and know our role and shutup. Because I have a hard time feeling optimistic with acne and I sure as hell can't see anything good coming from having this plague of a disease!

- Marvin (Depressed right now you guys)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have finally realized that clear skinned people are pretty much better than those with acne.

For example if you were to go in for an interview and you had acne as opposed to someone without it. Keep in mind both have the same qualificiations the determining factor would be the appearance of the candidate.

Employers would obviously choose the potential employee without acne. :rolleyes:

Plus people with clear skin don't give a damn about acne people because they think we are inferior to them.

Walking down the street I can recall instances when people would act all pompous and self righteous. It hurt my feelings but thats the truth.

Should we as acne sufferers just accept that we are peasants (acne sufferers) amongst royalty (clear skinned peoples) and know our role and shutup. Because I have a hard time feeling optimistic with acne and I sure as hell can't see anything good coming from having this plague of a disease!

Let's start a war and chain them down and spread pore clogging ingredients all over their faces! Bwahahahaaa!! :lol:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm going to achieve things above and beyond many clear skinned people. Take your 'peasent' path if you feel the need, but don't brainwash other people whom are quite capable. Sounds to me like you're making excuses, that way you can justify your lack of achievement in life maybe.

I'm going to achieve things above and beyond many clear skinned people. Take your 'peasent' path if you feel the need, but don't brainwash other people whom are quite capable. Sounds to me like you're making excuses, that way you can justify your lack of achievement in life maybe.

The job thing, I agree with, just cause it has happened to me a few times.

You mean "peasant" ;)

Guest PokaHotAz

You mean "peasant" ;)

:clap: good one!

sorry Jimmy :P

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

You mean "peasant" ;)

Thanks for that miss elite. ;)

You mean "peasant" ;)

:clap: good one!

sorry Jimmy :P

:hand:

Thanks for that GTO- seriously. There's been too many people posting this kind of crap; as if people who get acne and people who don't are different species or superior/inferior. That's stupid and ridiculous. And what's supposed to be our "role" anyway? Do something with your life instead of making up excuses about why you're not.

they wudnt go on ur appearance they wud go on who came accross better in the interview for one

and 2nd im with Grow To Overthrow on this one,

if u feel that ur underachieving then u shud maybe look at what u can do to change that, not think of reasons why u are ie acne.

This is silly, I've done a lot of successful things in my life while having acne. To be honest having this problem has made me work harder to gain the things I want in life. I think people pick up on our "low self-esteem" vibe more than really being turned away by our acne problems.

That's stupid and ridiculous.

Stupid excuse.

For an "emotional and psychological effects of acne" forum, you guys are hella good at completely ignoring the feelings of others who suffer from acne. Obviously people with shitty skin aren't inferior to people with clean skin, did you think he was rationally trying to prove that to you? I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but give a dude a break, this is supposed to be about mutual support, right?

We're not inferior. We just feel more inferior than the clear skin people and that translates to low self-esteem. I have a decent job and i do good work but as the years go by, my acne doesnt get any clearer. That takes a toll on me emotionally. It's very hard to be optimistic everyday but yea stay confident and you could do anything a clear skin person can do.

For an "emotional and psychological effects of acne" forum, you guys are hella good at completely ignoring the feelings of others who suffer from acne. Obviously people with shitty skin aren't inferior to people with clean skin, did you think he was rationally trying to prove that to you? I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but give a dude a break, this is supposed to be about mutual support, right?

I agree- I get what you're saying, but how he expressed himself was just incredibly offensive. He might be down but posting that kind of thing is not going to make others feel any better about themselves, especially if they have low self-esteem and a similar point of view.

But you're right. I apologize Marvin.

looks definitely matter in this world, but this thread is really f'ed up. dude you need counseling. i'm sorry you feel this way about yourself, but you need help.

with moderate to severe acne, i managed to have friends, date, get into an ivy league school, be in a fraternity (although after i was on accutane), start my own business, etc etc.

one things for sure: if you're not good looking AND a downer, nobody's going to want to be around you. so cheer up man.