Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
appleyard777

differin w/ benzoyl peroxide

my derm was saying to apply the differin and 30min later apply then benzoyl peroxide ... is this the best way to go or should it be something like benzoyl peroxide in the morning and differin at night or vice versa??.. Thanks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... dont listen to that bullshit.. once you apply differin at night you CANNOT put anything else on top or else differin will cancel.. i dont know if your derm is trying to kill your skin by doing this or waht but both of these can be very drying at first and if you put both on you would beat the shit out of your skin. i tryed adding 2.5 % BP to my regimen but the BP was way to drying and peeled me out so i stopped and im only going to use it on some of the pimples that are new. The safest way to use BP with differin is use the differin in the morning and differin at night. Also only use 2.5 %BP and do up the % at all! When you apply the BP on in the morning wait liek 5-10 mins and then put lots of moisturizer on or else you will be peeling like i did. btw what week are you on using the differin?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... dont listen to that bullshit.. once you apply differin at night you CANNOT put anything else on top or else differin will cancel.. i dont know if your derm is trying to kill your skin by doing this or waht but both of these can be very drying at first and if you put both on you would beat the shit out of your skin. i tryed adding 2.5 % BP to my regimen but the BP was way to drying and peeled me out so i stopped and im only going to use it on some of the pimples that are new. The safest way to use BP with differin is use the differin in the morning and differin at night. Also only use 2.5 %BP and do up the % at all! When you apply the BP on in the morning wait liek 5-10 mins and then put lots of moisturizer on or else you will be peeling like i did. btw what week are you on using the differin?

gotcha thanks for the info... just a week or so in i broke out at first... but its starting to clear up now so its going alright

Is your acne bad? like how many pimples do you have. Because before i started to use differin i had mild acne. I also broke out horribly during my first week but then it cleared up a bit and then i just went to hell again so i wouldnt be to happy at the moment because thats waht i was like and then i just got like 50 pimples everywhere.. you can look in my gallery and it shows proof of how my differin is going.

Is your acne bad? like how many pimples do you have. Because before i started to use differin i had mild acne. I also broke out horribly during my first week but then it cleared up a bit and then i just went to hell again so i wouldnt be to happy at the moment because thats waht i was like and then i just got like 50 pimples everywhere.. you can look in my gallery and it shows proof of how my differin is going.

i dont have it too bad but im using it for my body acne.. the clear skin regmien works for my face... i just have some back and chest acne

ohhhh i c i c.. well then that answers my question haha.. i have a clear body.. not one pimple in sight on my back or chest. wierd eh? my face is just full of them but my body isnt? doesnt sound right.

ohhhh i c i c.. well then that answers my question haha.. i have a clear body.. not one pimple in sight on my back or chest. wierd eh? my face is just full of them but my body isnt? doesnt sound right.

yeah its kinda weird man... my face is pretty much clear, but i get it on my body... i dont know why

I think your derm is right. It's okay to put BP on top of Differin, it cant cancel it. Differin is stable not like tretinoin.