Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello,

i have some redness and pimples expecially on my chin and around my nose and mouth. when it first started, it wasn't that bad but i started changing some habbits to see if any thing helped. i started washing my face with soap and water and changing my pillowcase every week. i think it's just the hormones that are doing it though, i have black heads and i get a nasty shiny face as the day goes by or after i eat greasy food. well anyways, it was progressively getting worse the more i worried about it. i got some stuff from a doctor called Tretinoin 0.1 topical. i don't really now much about it. but i read the instructions it came with and learend a little bit. i have been putting in on every night, and i take shower in the morning.

anyways now to the main point. i have been using it for about 3 weeks now, and it has only made it worse for me. i see more whitehead pimples spread around, allthough they arent as thick, sometimes they wipe away when i wash my face with water and soap. i'm also redder in some areas and even purple on my chin a little bit. the question is: should i keep using the tretinoin 0.1 topical, or should i stop? it did say in the instructions it would be a little worse for the first 2 weeks, but it's going on the fourth week soon and i'm still getting worse. please help because i don't know what to do.

i also have some misc questions if any one could please answer:

is it okay to let the shower spray your face. i'm pretty sure it helps clean your face of grease right?

is it okay for shampoo to run on your face while you wash your hair, i might just be paranoid, but could it have some sort of substance that clogs pores in it?

also, should i be trying to clean my pores (i have blackheads) while using the tretinoin, i'm afraid i might disrupt the healing that's going on (if it's even healing), if i try to squeeze them out.

is there a certain kind of soap i should wash my face with? does regular old bar soap clog pores, because what i do is i rub the bar soap in my hands and get a lot on my hands, then i cup my hands and mix water with the soap, then i rub the soap-water on my face. i'm thinking regular soap could be too strong? but idk.

also, i just want to clerify something, you shouldn't touch your face at all with your hands or finger right? sometimes i just have the urge to touch my face so bad, and when i do it feels good and tingly. i mean, of course the acne hurts, but what i mean is it's a relieve when i can scratch at those sensitive spots.

one final question, do some people just get acne no matter what? i mean, no mater how hard they try to clean and use medicaines, that no matter what they are destined to have acne, mainly becausde of genes/hormones?

any help appreciated.

thank you

NO do not stop using the cream because i have done tons of reading on websites and every where i read about topicals they all say give it atleast 12 weeks before anything.. i was like you to when i was on my 3rd week and when i go back and read what is aid at week 3 i just laughed at myself becuz i was so impatient. Give it time to work man cuz your face sounds like it was just like mine at week 3. (tons of new whiteheads )

i started dans regimen, then quit and my got cystic acne :(

then i went back to use it and im gettin clear, slowly .... =)

i started dans regimen, then quit and my got cystic acne :(

then i went back to use it and im gettin clear, slowly .... =)

Did you have cystic acne before the regimen, or just after you stopped it? :)