Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QualityAssurance

Do I have roscasea?

K so I had a chemical burn on the right side of my face which has since healed up (its been about a month) but now that side of my face is slightly red and gets irritated when I do anything to it. the doc mentioned roscasea but im a 24 yr old male and my skin is not fair plus I have no history of it.. and its on ONE side of my face. It also looks kinda plasticy and if I scratched at this area dry skin would all peel off in large amounts because I dont think its done healing completely. Anyways the only thing that helped it heal to this point was Hydraderm(hydrocortizone). Id post a picture but you probably wouldn't even be able to tell with the resolution but its there and noticeable, there is also no acne in that area, maybe a lil bumps. thanks

but its a chemical burnt!

no i dont think its rosacea, anyways, post the pic! =)

Well I was told that you can trigger roscasea with such things.. ah well, ill post a pic later im going to bed. I just hope I dont wake up one day and its all red again

Hi, I would try to stop the hydrocortisone. This is good for intitial inflammation but not good long term as it can thin the skin. Shouldn't be used for more than 1 week. You could try a good quality emu oil as this will reduce the inflammation and heal the skin at the same time, especially good for burns. That's one of the things the Aborigines used it for before whiteman even reached Australia. I am rosacea prone and have had a nasty run with retin-a. I've stopped this now but the emu is doing wonders to heal damage already done :) .

Rosehip oil is also very good for burns, just don't use it on active acne.

Hi, I would try to stop the hydrocortisone. This is good for intitial inflammation but not good long term as it can thin the skin. Shouldn't be used for more than 1 week. You could try a good quality emu oil as this will reduce the inflammation and heal the skin at the same time, especially good for burns. That's one of the things the Aborigines used it for before whiteman even reached Australia. I am rosacea prone and have had a nasty run with retin-a. I've stopped this now but the emu is doing wonders to heal damage already done :) .

Rosehip oil is also very good for burns, just don't use it on active acne.

my skin is pretty good right now, im just having some areas that are dry and red, I used hydro for maybe 3 days total @ 2% strength which is really nothing.. To thin skin and cause lots of problems you gotta use it for longer and/or at higher strength. It really fixed me up good when nothing else would. I'll look into the emu oil but im gonna try the aloe I have for dryness

I have had the same problem. I got a chemical burn from using Cetaphil cleanser, and the cream on my face. I used the emo-cort, it took away to the serious problem of the rash, but still I have it, a milder case of it. I have some little bumps where the rash is too. And only where it is. I think thats part of contact dermatits though.

The resolution of it on my pictures doesn't show the little bumps. It only shows the colour. Its not good enough to see the details of it..Cuz believe me its there. And its very annoying.

I am glad to hear though thats its healing. :)

I think I am going to try emu oil for my dry areas(cuz right now I feel a lil residue from my moustriser, I hate the feeling of cream on my skin)