Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xiaonei87

Dan . . . or anyone else, is it possible that the regimen just is not right for me?

HellO~ Well I started the regimen a long time ago (Back at the end of August) At first, my red skin calmed greatly thanks to the gentle treatment of the regimen. However, over time my skin has just gotten more and more irritated. I was orginally using the Eucerin moisturizer but over time AHA really kills my skin. I guess I'm too sensitive for it or something ... it just makes my skin all red and irritated if I use it for too long. Then the BP gel seems to make me irritated these days as well. I thought it would be better with the new new batch and it is, but if I use it twice a day then I STILL get red and painful irritation. I don't know what my problem is . . . maybe I am very mildly allergic to it and it just builds up over time. Is there anything else I can do? I've seen posts like this before and Dan usually asks for EXACTLY what I am doing/using so I might as well just do that now.

Morning: Take a shower. In the shower use either a quick gentle wash of Cetaphil gentle cleanser or Spectro Jel cleanser(almost exact same as cetaphil) Then I get out of the shower and dry off for about 10 minutes. Next I just put on the bp (which is nowadays like a half finger or a fourth due to constant daily burning if I use the full dose) Then I just put on some moisturizer . . . and in this arena I have tried everything. Tried Eucerin . . . never gets past the burning phase . . . tried Cetaphil . . . didnt like it too much. Now I just use "CeraVe" which is similar to cetaphil . . . just a normal gentle moisturizer.

My nightly regimen is same as the morning one, except for usually more than 1/2 a finger of BP.

I still get some acne, and keep in mine it is not severe but I get an occasional(rare) cyst but constant red bumps/white heads. Never had much blackhead problems ever tho . . .

Anyway . . . I'm going to take a break from medication for a little bit and just use jojoba oil just because I am really really tired of having red irritated skin. Sometimes it burns all day at school and it is annoying as hell. Anyway, peace out~~

the one thing that stands out to me right now, is that you didn't mention waiting another 10 mins. between applying bp and applying moisturizer. The waiting time actually decreases irritation.

And one other thought is that there are those few people who are sensitive to spf ingredients, no matter which one's. You might consider trying a moisturizer that doesn't have any spf and see if that helps.

Ok~~^^ Well, yeah, I DO wait 10 minutes before moisturizer (often times more than 10 minutes actually) As for the jojoba . . . yah I actually have been trying that in the past few days as it does seem to help a bit. Thanks for the help tho~

It sounds like you have sensitive skin. No duh right? I like the cleanser you're using, and I also like the bp. People don't seem to be having any redness issues with the latest batch. So that leads me to wonder mostly about your moisturizer. Eucerin is really primo. Can you use that for an extended period and see how it goes? I can't express strongly enough how much I love that stuff. If you can still get your hands on it, it's worth trying it out. Jojoba oil I really have no idea about. I've never tried it and just heard about it the other day.

Um....also, have you been moisturizing morning and evening every day?

Yes, I have been moisturizing every day and night. I dont see how it could be the moisturizer as it is just a gentle moisturizer very similar to Cetaphil . . . I just like it because it leaves me with no visible shine at all~