Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

TPL's Diet: it might work for you! Give it a try!

You're probably familiar with the whole glycemic index thing. If you're not, click here.

So, in theory it makes sense, but there were no guidelines. After getting 2 painful cysts from eating a pint of ice cream, I was forced to face the problem, and I made clear guidelines for eating carbs and sugar.

Even though I made up these specific guidelines a few days ago, they are based on years of experiments with diet. So far, my skin is improving and no new acne is forming.

Here are the rules:

1) Every meal shall contain no more than 50 grams of total carbs

2) Sugar shall be no more than 2/3 of total carbs

3) At least 3 hours between meals

examples of possible meals

This website is great for figuring out the carb/sugar content of common foods.

cheese definitely breaks me out, so it might be the iodine in dairy. As far as icecream goes, sugar was a major factor also, because high-carb foods also break me out. It's a combination of iodine in milk and sugar. I've known that milk causes this for me, but I was stupid enough to eat lots of icecream.

cheese definitely breaks me out, so it might be the iodine in dairy. As far as icecream goes, sugar was a major factor also, because high-carb foods also break me out. It's a combination of iodine in milk and sugar. I've known that milk causes this for me, but I was stupid enough to eat lots of icecream.

You should consider that it might be something other than the iodine in milk that breaks you out. Regular milk and cheese break me out terribly, but kefir (it's similar to yogurt) from organic, non-homogenized milk doesn't break me out even if I consume a LOT of it. I imagine the iodine content would be about the same in all of these. Also, at one time I was taking kelp supplements (loaded with iodine) and did not break out from that.

interesting.. I've tried cutting out all dairy from my diet, but it didn't seem to change much; I guess I'll try it again.

Which dressing do you suggest for a chicken sandwich that has no dairy in it?

Nevertheless, I think consuming smaller amounts of carbs and sugar throughout the day is a good idea, rather than loading up on carbs 2-3 times per day.