Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanda

Lesson taught-picking at your face-any tips??

I know I shouldn't but, most of us do it or have done it; can't help it sometimes. Today I noticed a lot of black heads on my nose since I started using Accutane. They were a bit bigger than the usual black heads I've gotten before. At least before I could use more stuff on my face & it did control the black heads/size on my nose. Anyways, I picked of course, very gently, but gently didn't matter because I still irritated my nose so much that skin peeled off (ouch). Now I have a few spots on my nose without that top layer of skin (very red skin). I rubbed some neosporin on it and I'm hoping it cures fast & the scab is not enormous. But, we all know that Accutane slows down the healing process. :( Can anyone that has experienced this give me any tips on treating this & what has worked for you? Afterall, it's on the center of my face. This has definately taught me a lesson.

Unfortunately, it's the price you pay for picking & squeezing. I think most everyone has had to suffer through the same lengthy healing times (while on Accutane). :doh:

The best thing you can do is keep it moist with neosporin (keep reapplying it while at home and at bedtime wear a bandaid over it to keep the neosporin on it). Vitamin E oil is also supposed to help aid in healing.

Most of all, if you pick, be prepared to sit for a week (or 3) with scabs or red marks. Some of my more awful zits (that I picked at) took more than 4 weeks to heal!! Be careful & just try to resist the urge.

Yeah, its a lesson everybody needs to learn on their own: You cannot pick whilst on Accutane. Why? Cause it scars! I picked a few times, luckily only once did it "scar". Hopefully that scar will go away, eventually.

Thanks guys for your reply. I will keep re-applying the neosporin & just have to deal with the healing process. Also, I do have Vitamin E oil. I think I'll give that a try as well. Thanks again Angela & Spezza. :)