Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ruckus

Aspirin Mask

I was wondering how many times a week one can use the mask because I just tried it for the first time two nights ago and I've been doing it nightly since. Is there a reverse effect to using the mask too often or can I actually use it every day?

How do you do the aspirin mask? Can anyone please share details.

To use the mask you just need to get some aspirin pills and put it in a bit of water, it'll turn into a mesh and you apply that to your face. Keep it on for half an hour or so, I've heard some people leave it on overnight but I haven't tried that yet. To those who have tried doing that does it actually work for the whole night i mean the mask seems like it would just come off wouldn't it?

Yes the mask comes off...COmes off on the pillow and can get in your eye and other places..I think its not good for the skin because it needs to heal and be moisturized and breathe... But what ever floats your boat...I only mask maybe 3 times a week but i use a sulfur mask which is better i think to help purge pores and help prevent acne.. Thats me though good luck!!!

How do you do the aspirin mask? Can anyone please share details.

To use the mask you just need to get some aspirin pills and put it in a bit of water, it'll turn into a mesh and you apply that to your face. Keep it on for half an hour or so, I've heard some people leave it on overnight but I haven't tried that yet. To those who have tried doing that does it actually work for the whole night i mean the mask seems like it would just come off wouldn't it?

Guest nec77

I stole this from a site

"Aspirin Mask

Why does it work?

Aspirin is actually a form of Beta Hydroxy Acids or BHA’s, which are found in many skin creams and work by exfoliating the dull, dead layers of skin, revealing fresh new skin underneath. Over time, BHA’s can help clarify skin tone and promote healing of blemishes.

However, do not use the aspirin mask if you have a sensitivity to BHA’s or if you have very sensitive skin, or obviously if you are allergic to aspirin!

How do you make it?

The Aspirin mask must be made with uncoated, dissolvable tablets. Take two or three tablets and dissolve in a teaspoon/tablespoon of warm water.

To Apply

Spread the mixture on the face, avoiding the eye area and leave for a few minutes until it dries. Very gently rub the mask for about 10 seconds, to exfoliate the skin. Rinse off with tepid water. Remember to moisturize as BHA’s can be drying.

I find this an excellent mask to use once or twice a week. It makes your skin feel as soft as a baby’s bottom and helps to clarify skin tone and texture."

So to use the mask I shouldn't leave it on for too long and after a few minutes i need to rub it even though it's dry already?

Guest nec77

just put it on your face and let it dry (takes a few min.) then rub it for 10 seconds (it feels kinda flaky, sorta like grains of sand against ur face) then wash with warm water.

A believe a sulfur mask can be bought at some stores in the health/beauty section. Proactiv makes a sulfur mask as well.

Has anyone tried to use the mask every night? Since it removes dead skin cells can it remove other things also, such as needed chemicals etc.?

I was wondering how many times a week one can use the mask because I just tried it for the first time two nights ago and I've been doing it nightly since. Is there a reverse effect to using the mask too often or can I actually use it every day?

This CRAP aspirin mask gave me dry skin!!! :evil: NO MORE!! :snooty:

I use water and uncoated, but that was because i remembered reading somewhere on here that coated pills have extra chemicals on them or something like that. Sorry I'm not too helpful there.

Has anyone ever gotten their marks completely cleared off of using the mask in combination with aloe vera?? Or with just the mask?

^ do they put aloe vera on AFTER the mask?

about to try the mask, I'll post tomorrow and let you know how it goes!!

I put aloe vera on after the mask as well, My order is actually the mask and then I use BP then moisturize with aloe vera. I'm not sure if the BP will make anything bad happen but i still need to use it to keep my skin under control.

you can use coated aspirin but its just harder to break up.. i use micro thin coated aspirin and it works fine.. i use more as a spot treatment than a mask.. but i still use it as a mask 1-2 times a week.

i tried it..I only used 2 aspirin and 1 tablespoon of water..I think i need 1 more aspirin and less water...but hopefully after time I'll see a difference..in red marks and acne!?