Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Right, so, recently, i cleared up from my severe cystic acne. Whilst i had it, i was always really down, depressed and generally not feeling my best. However, after 'tane and various other things, i am now clear apart from a load of red marks and occasional breakouts.

However, my point is this. I found out recently that there is a girl in my class at school who really likes me. Great? Ummm.... sort of. I know this sounds really hypocritical of me, but she has really bad acne and because of this, i dont really want to date her. Its not because of her personality: she is really fun to be around and is really outgoing. Now that ive seen the situation from another side, "the clear skin crowd", i can completely understand why clear people dont want to go out with people who have acne.

By all means, try to get with someone else, just dont be too surprised if they as shallow as me.

I dont want to get anyone down about the fact that other people dont want to go out with them, just try to be empathic and try to see the situation from the other persons side.

stupidest fucking post ive ever read i think.......

wel done mate ur real good at not deserving 2b clear skinned.

twat

Right, so, recently, i cleared up from my severe cystic acne. Whilst i had it, i was always really down, depressed and generally not feeling my best. However, after 'tane and various other things, i am now clear apart from a load of red marks and occasional breakouts.

However, my point is this. I found out recently that there is a girl in my class at school who really likes me. Great? Ummm.... sort of. I know this sounds really hypocritical of me, but she has really bad acne and because of this, i dont really want to date her. Its not because of her personality: she is really fun to be around and is really outgoing. Now that ive seen the situation from another side, "the clear skin crowd", i can completely understand why clear people dont want to go out with people who have acne.

By all means, try to get with someone else, just dont be too surprised if they as shallow as me.

I dont want to get anyone down about the fact that other people dont want to go out with them, just try to be empathic and try to see the situation from the other persons side.

You said you still get occassional breakouts. so I guess you're not really part of "the clear skin crowd" like you said.

and let the girl go, good choice. She deserves someone better

You said you still get occassional breakouts. so I guess you're not really part of "the clear skin crowd" like you said.

^

agreed, she does deserve someone better.

Dont hate on this guy, at least hes being honest.

Not being attracted to someone with acne is not being a shallow evil person, its being REAL.

Why do all of us feel so ugly with this acne shit? I feel ugly with it because IT IS FUCKING UGLY!

I dont give a fuck what any of you say acne is fucking disgusting and i fucking hate it more then anything and it isnt something to be attracted to.

Not being attracted to someone with acne is not being a shallow evil person, its being REAL.

Why do all of us feel so ugly with this acne shit? I feel ugly with it because IT IS FUCKING UGLY!

I dont give a fuck what any of you say acne is fucking disgusting and i fucking hate it more then anything and it isnt something to be attracted to.

True..

Agree, think these people trying to convince others it's just acne just ignore it and everyone else will too is so full of shit tbh.

Guest ilovepancakes

Can i suggest that you try and help her????

If you really like her help her with her acne. maybe?

you can still be her friend/friendly to her and not go out

just my 2 cents

:ninja:

Can i suggest that you try and help her????

If you really like her help her with her acne. maybe?

you can still be her friend/friendly to her and not go out

just my 2 cents

:ninja:

Well if he was really her friend he'd get her some pancakes, right???

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I'm with those who say he's just being honest. You can't help if you're attracted to someone or not. As long as you don't start saying hurtful things to people with acne...

Do you think she would look ok if she didn't have as bad acne? It couldn't hurt to at least be her friend and give her advice on how to help clear herself up. It worked for you so if you suggest some of what you did, maybe that would help her.

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

She must not be that hot, because I've seen a couple babes with bad acne that I'd definatley bang.

I would actually be more empathetic towards that person.

I applaud your post, White.

I agree with white. If we weren't shallow ourselves, why would we want to get rid of these horrible acne?? Atleast he was honest enough to say that he is being shallow.

I think it's just honesty. And I also think that maybe she's not great-looking without acne, either, because I've also seen some mighty hot men I'd get together with (and have gotten together with) regardless of their severe acne (and I mean SEVERE). And I was clear at the time.

Hotness can shine through regardless of acne, so maybe you wouldn't be attracted to her without acne anyway. Just don't make it about her acne. If you're not attracted, you're not. But like others hyave said, you can make that clear and still be freinds.

As for helping her with her acne? Well, I'm sure like everybody else here she's tried everything. except accutane for which she's likely seeing a derm about anyway. So I'd maybe lay off of the advice for a bit until you're really good freinds.

Considering she is really fun to be around and outgoing, she will find that someone better.

Oh...and ya, there are girls with acne that are just plain sexy...

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Atleast you're being honest i suppose. Though realistically you'll probably be breaking out with severe cystic acne in another 6-12 months time, i guess she'll just have to wait for you to switch sides again.