Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milk

Question about V-beam

If I am currently on Retin-A micro and taking Doxycyclin, can I still do the V-Beam. Ive been on my medicine for about 9-10 months now, and Ill probly be on it for another 6 months or so. Id like to get rid of these redmarks. I heard that antibiotics slow down the healing process, is that true.

I'm on the same thing. I asked my dermatologist about the V-Beam as well, however she said that they don't work on red marks, and that its only used when blood vessels are broken. I really thought it was usually used on these marks, so I'm interested in people's responces as well.

i dont know about the accutane part of the question but I am sure they work on red marks because my doc told me that red marks are a result of broken blood vessels. anything that appears red under the skin is blood related or else how would it turn red? and i've had 3 sessions of vbeam with good results.

I'm on the same thing. I asked my dermatologist about the V-Beam as well, however she said that they don't work on red marks, and that its only used when blood vessels are broken. I really thought it was usually used on these marks, so I'm interested in people's responces as well.

Im just wondering if anyone knows if I can do the V-beam while Retin-A micro and Doxycyclin.

I have a question about v-beam too. Although my main reason for getting it would be for my red marks, does it also help in minimizing pore size?

Markymark, wondering how your 3rd session turned out. Haven't read an update from you in that regard for awhile.

Thanks!

Markymark, wondering how your 3rd session turned out. Haven't read an update from you in that regard for awhile.

Thanks!

unfortunately I am still healing....yes i know this is taking forever and its driving me crazy!!! its been 2.5 weeks since my treatment and there's still redness there. My doc said she really did a number on me and it could take up to a month to fully heal. However i am not going back for another treatment for 2 months to let my skin heal. im at the point now where i can hide all the spots with makeup but still...i dont wanna wear makeup. anyway my doc reassured me that i might be totally clear by the time the 2 months are up. I don't quite believe her but i'm hoping...

Thanks!

Do you mean you're healing from the bruises? Or have the bruises gone away, but the red marks will take time to improve some more?

healing from bruises

Whoa, you mean you still have bruises? yikes! Don't they typically only last 3-10 days?

Yeah, I would be afraid if my bruises lasted that long.

Did she also use Levulan?

my other bruises usually last about 7 days but this time i told her to go all out because im so sick of these red marks!! anyway she did, and its been 3 weeks and my there are still pinkish bruises. she told me it would last about a month maybe more and when they are all done, i should be significantly improved and i can tell that they are improving. instead of red marks some of them look like tiny freckles that can't be seen unless im totally upclose to someone (like about to kiss them). ill let you guys know how it goes a week from now.

Yeah, I would be afraid if my bruises lasted that long.

Did she also use Levulan?

my other bruises usually last about 7 days but this time i told her to go all out because im so sick of these red marks!! anyway she did, and its been 3 weeks and my there are still pinkish bruises. she told me it would last about a month maybe more and when they are all done, i should be significantly improved and i can tell that they are improving. instead of red marks some of them look like tiny freckles that can't be seen unless im totally upclose to someone (like about to kiss them). ill let you guys know how it goes a week from now.

Please do! Good luck :-)