Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think CSR may be helping but it does take quite a long time, and doing it twice a day, along with taking antibiotics twice a day is quite a pain. I'm not sure which one is helping me more, but I probably won't be staying on the antibiotics for too long. I heard that if you don't use the CSR twice a day, it won't be as effective. I wouldn't want my acne to get worse, but it takes a while to to do CSR and I can't see myself doing it year after year. I know that Accutane is supposed to help you to be able to control acne with topicals and I have been on accutane once but it didn't work. I heard if I go on it again, it has a higher chance of success, which makes me think that if I do that, I'll be able to control my acne by only putting on a bp cream, once a day, which would be a lot easier. Has anyone else gotten the CSR to work but is tired of using it twice a day?

Hmm all I have to say is that keep up with Dans Regimen, for some people it can take up to 2 months before results show, seriously, just keep it up.

If your fed up with doing the regimen twice a day, I think the only other way to stay clear without taking up so much time is oral antibiotics or accutane. And yea I think i read somwhere that after a first course of accutane you have a 50% chance of staying clear, after a second course 75% chance, after a 3rd course 87.5% chance and so on... :)

Yeah, I'm on minocycline twice a day now and doing the CSR also. I guess the only way to be able to put on a topical cream once a day and expect to stay clear is for me to try taking a second go at accutane then.