Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Willow3

Skipping 7 day break...

For the first couple of months I would like to skip the seven day break on Diane 35 (I just finished week one). I'm thinking that this might make it work faster. I know you can safely skip periods if you like, and that it is easier to do so on monophasic pills like Diane. I'm not concerned about persistent spotting.

Does anyone else think that this would make it work faster?

Has anyone skipped more than one period with birth control? What happened?

For the first couple of months I would like to skip the seven day break on Diane 35 (I just finished week one). I'm thinking that this might make it work faster. I know you can safely skip periods if you like, and that it is easier to do so on monophasic pills like Diane. I'm not concerned about persistent spotting.

Does anyone else think that this would make it work faster?

Has anyone skipped more than one period with birth control? What happened?

Myfriend and I have both skipped the 7 day period before on the Diane for vacation purposes. Don't really know the impact of this on our bodies, but have noticed that the period comes really strong the following month. Don't necessarily think it will make the Diane work faster though since you body will take about 2-3 months to get the benefits of the drug, and if you skip it, then you may get more PMS, therefore more oily skin and etc in the following month.

But I certainly know how you feel about trying to make it work faster. I have almost tried everything and wwant things to work at the fastest too.

Hmmm... good points, I'm not sure what to do. I know it wouldn't make it work that much faster, but even a couple of weeks would be great. Did you get any PMS when you skipped your period around the time you would have gotten your period? I don't want to end up with extended month long PMS when I try to skip.

I wouldn't skip it for awhile. You're body needs to get adjusted to the hormone regulation, its significantly different from other BC pills so you should probably give it time...plus speaking from experience if you skip 2 months in a row you can get breakthrough bleeding which means that you wind up basically being on your period for 2 weeks!!! ugh best to only skip after you're balanced out.

I took it right through for the first few months for the EXACT same reason. :D No bad side effects...spotting, yes, but worth it. Not sure if it made it work any faster, but it IS working!!!

I took it right through for the first few months for the EXACT same reason. :D No bad side effects...spotting, yes, but worth it. Not sure if it made it work any faster, but it IS working!!!

I am so tempted! But still undecided. When did you start to notice improvement? When did you notice a reduction in oiliness?