Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rabb1t

Benzoyl Proxide

Hey i was wondering whats the different between BP with alcohol and no alcohol?

Because i have use a BP gel with none and with 4% medicine

now i bought a BP gel with alcohol in it and 5% medicine

the 4% was named Solugel and now the one im using with 5% is called Panoxyl. I think its made by the same company but im not sure, any difference?

The PanOxyl is cheaper and you get more 12 bux for 60g tube, and the other stuff Solugel is 40g for 16 bux

Can someone tell me if there is a difference?

I dont get it, if you say alcohol is bad for acne then how come Cetaphil Cleanser has Cetyl Alcohol in it. Would that be bad? But Cetaphil is the recommended cleanser.

There are lots of different types of alcohol. Cetyl alcohol is completely different than say, rubbing alcohol. Look them up onlin somewhere and you can find out what the different types are and what they do. i would tell you, but I have no idea. :)

hey...i used panoxyl cream that didnt have ne alcohol in it, and it worked really well, but the gel does contain alcohol, im using this the now, it does my skin a lil bit more re,d bt my skin isnt too sensitive so it just calms down after a while..i get my mum to pick it up for me but im pretty sure because im under 18 that i get it for free on the nhs...atleast this goverment is good for sumthin eh, lol

Cetyl Alcohol is a thickening agent, not the type of alcohol that dries up and irritates your face. Confusing, I know.

doesn't make my skin red or anything jst stung for maybe a min, so i guess there is no difference?

well except the alcohal...