Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Those of us who have pretty bad acne know what it is like to loathe class, work, movies, and leaving your room. I have had severe acne since I was 14. I am now 21. I have several ice pick scars, red marks, and other stuff I don't know how to clasify.

Okay, I am a guy. This part directed to guys. I have dated girls that are AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. I mean model beautiful. Perfect skin. I mean totally flawless. From head to toe, these have been total knock-outs. This is while my skin has been like this. Right now, I am engaged to an absolutely beautiful girl. A lot of girls look at personality, how a guy talks, acts, compliments, manners, and all sorts of other stuff. If a girl won't talk to you or whatever because you have bad skin, she isn't worth your time. Acne plays a very, very small role. I am writing this as encouregment. Guys with bad acne, you can still acomplish anything. I teach karate, lead worship, go to university, and am being promoted into upper-managment positions which should be way above my education (not quite done with my 4 year). Ignore your acne. People who matter in life often see past it. I am not saying don't treat it, but don't let it affect you.

Just because your skin is bad doesn't mean that you are suddenly denied a nice paying job, beautiful wife (or girlfriend), or any other of the wonderful things in life. As you imagine yourself to be in your heart, that is what your reality will look like.

i try n tel people almost identical things to what u just said as its how i live my life

there u have it, thats 2people lol, that do this and dont get shit in life.

acne only affects u if u let it.

so dont let it an just watch how far u come.

Look, i don't want to dound like a pesimist, and i think boosting peoples spirit is great, but leading them into a false sense of security is plain sad, yes it's great to adopt the "fuck you, i'm me" attitude, but anwser me this, have you ever sat on the beach in the summer and heard one of your guy mates say "whey check out that girls hot personality" or "dammm baby, lemme get a grip on those convo starters" it doesn't happen, sorry to be a pesimist, but if anything, i'm being a realist

Meh, I've been with hot girls, haven't kissed a chick for months though, I think it's down to luck, sometimes, you just stumble upon someone who seems perfect, likes you for who you are, and doesn't give a shit about acne, people, when you find a guy/girl like this, don't let them go like I did!

It's soooo true that you only cherish something once they've been takin away...

Look, i don't want to dound like a pesimist, and i think boosting peoples spirit is great, but leading them into a false sense of security is plain sad, yes it's great to adopt the "fuck you, i'm me" attitude, but anwser me this, have you ever sat on the beach in the summer and heard one of your guy mates say "whey check out that girls hot personality" or "dammm baby, lemme get a grip on those convo starters" it doesn't happen, sorry to be a pesimist, but if anything, i'm being a realist

yea ok pal thats not gonna help anyone is it?

REAL HONEST WORTHWHILE PEOPLE dont care if u have acne, if ur handsome then ur handsome.

rush posted a true story showing acne doesnt have to affect you, and i have similar stories as do many of us.

an wen ur sitting on a beach ur LOOKING at girls!, u cant see into a girls personality can you,

so ur going simply on looks. if u went an talked to her u might think "wow she is such a nice person to talk to, so friendly, outgoing etc"

i certainly wudnt date a hot girl that was a total fucking idiot jus coz she is hot.

personality does count pal. ^

LOL...well, I think it's a LITTLE different with females...maybe. They might be a little less shallow in general...like, they're more turned on by money than we are (no doubt).

Rush you can be a great example for lots of people who think that acne is the only thing in life that matters. Sometimes we all feel that acne has control over every thing we do on certain day and truthfully maybe th eless we think abou tit, the better off we would all be.

yea ok pal thats not gonna help anyone is it?

REAL HONEST WORTHWHILE PEOPLE dont care if u have acne, if ur handsome then ur handsome.

rush posted a true story showing acne doesnt have to affect you, and i have similar stories as do many of us.

an wen ur sitting on a beach ur LOOKING at girls!, u cant see into a girls personality can you,

so ur going simply on looks. if u went an talked to her u might think "wow she is such a nice person to talk to, so friendly, outgoing etc"

i certainly wudnt date a hot girl that was a total fucking idiot jus coz she is hot.

personality does count pal. ^

I like the way you keep faith man, but comon, lose the holier than thou bullshit for a second and be a lil honest, looks play a big factor

wat ru lookin for?

every1 to go

"yea he is right fuck it we are never gonnna get a gf coz we are fucking ugly bastards coz of our faces"

?

wat ru lookin for?

every1 to go

"yea he is right fuck it we are never gonnna get a gf coz we are fucking ugly bastards coz of our faces"

?

You proably have some very good posts, but I cannot see past that because you are raping the English language.

A question.... :hand:

Why is it that it seems like it's such a great feat to bag a perfect looking girl if you have acne? You say these girls are beautiful and looking past your acne because they care about other things, but what are you looking for? It all just sounds quite shallow to me. Maybe you shouldn't be so focused on being with beautiful girls and look past appearance like you hope they will look past it.

how cna u get clsoe to a girl, kiss and make out, when you know shes within CM of millions of your pimples and shit

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

Those of us who have pretty bad acne know what it is like to loathe class, work, movies, and leaving your room. I have had severe acne since I was 14. I am now 21. I have several ice pick scars, red marks, and other stuff I don't know how to clasify.

Okay, I am a guy. This part directed to guys. I have dated girls that are AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. I mean model beautiful. Perfect skin. I mean totally flawless. From head to toe, these have been total knock-outs. This is while my skin has been like this. Right now, I am engaged to an absolutely beautiful girl. A lot of girls look at personality, how a guy talks, acts, compliments, manners, and all sorts of other stuff. If a girl won't talk to you or whatever because you have bad skin, she isn't worth your time. Acne plays a very, very small role. I am writing this as encouregment. Guys with bad acne, you can still acomplish anything. I teach karate, lead worship, go to university, and am being promoted into upper-managment positions which should be way above my education (not quite done with my 4 year). Ignore your acne. People who matter in life often see past it. I am not saying don't treat it, but don't let it affect you.

Just because your skin is bad doesn't mean that you are suddenly denied a nice paying job, beautiful wife (or girlfriend), or any other of the wonderful things in life. As you imagine yourself to be in your heart, that is what your reality will look like.

Personality definately plays a big role, but it's hard to find a girl that will love you despite your appearance. Physical attractiveness pretty much outweighs personality for me, but who's not to say it could be the other way around. I just want the best of both.

Life is just harder when you have to deal with something as gay as acne. I agree that we can still lead a nice life, but many of us are too damn self-conscious already to just say "fuck it." I congradulate the people who can, but I know I never will be happy until I'm clear.

It's soooo true that you only cherish something once they've been takin away...

Only true if you're being selffish and not seeing something/someone for how wonderful it is!

I truly and openly cherish many people and things, most of which have not been taken away.

Open your mind or you'll miss out on a lot of joy! :angel: