Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mari24

Physicians Formula

I was glancing through the Physicians Formula site, and was sort of confused. It's like they don't really have lines of products, so I'm not sure which to get, I will get them in a store though. Their color tint looks cool, anyone tried it? Or the mineral powder? And what's up with the green concealer? I guess I just need someone to explain it and recomment products!! thanks!

Guest fatallyours

The only product of Physicians Formula I have and reccommend is the green correcting powder, it helps tone down redness and goes on completely translucent. I apply it after my regular powder and before my blush. Hope this helps.

I use the green concealer and love it. It really hides all the red spots that have not yet faded and new zits that have formed. I just put foundation over top. I also just bought the mineral powder yesterday and I love it. It gives my face a sparkly kind of glow. Its cool. I also like that it is recommended for people with acne. You should give them a try.

do you use the mineral powder as a foundation? I use Bare Minerals, and their powders are foundation, but its pretty expensive so I wanted to give PF a try!!..could I just put on the green concealer and then the powder and be set to go? I love Bare Minerals mineral vale b/c I have oily skin, but does the PF powder do more as a foundation or like a mineral veil? I need cheaper options haha!

-the green concealer..do you use the magic cube one?

The mineral powder I bought works better for powder on top of my foundation for me, but I have a lot of red marks, so I need to cover those. I havent ever tried the bare minerals products, but am thinking about it.

I use the green concealer in a lipstick like tube, and put some on my finger and put on my face. It blends well and conceals great. (Much better than flesh colored concealer in my opinion) Im sure the stuff in the cube works the same, just put a small amount on your finger.

I have been using the Phys Form mineral powder. If you need to cover red marks, you can use a concealer brush in the powder and it will cover them well. If you just use the kabuki brush that comes with it then it doesnt cover red spots as well but a concealer brush works wonders. I would recommend getting a bigger kabuki brush and concealer brush. I got mine at Target for $4.99 & $2.99 brand Studio Tools. I tried BE and it make my face look shiny whereas Phys Formula does not. Has anyone tried their liquid foundation or blush?

I received my shipment of Beauty Bliss mineral makeup in the mail yesterday and was very disappointed. The makeup is chalky and was the wrong color. It was extremely thick, and once I got it on my face, it wouldn't budge. It did not look like mineral makeup at all. It was cakey and nasty all day.

After getting word that the PF mineral makeup doesn't contain Bismuth, I rushed out and bought some after work yesterday. I am extremely pleased with it. It contains no talc and no Bismuth, but it applies smoothly and looks natural and dewy once on the face. And the coverage is even better than Bare Minerals, mostly because it doesn't have that shiny sheen, which brings attention to my blemishes instead of covering them up.

Everyone needs to try this makeup! You get more with $9.95 than with $30 of Bare Minerals, and it is far superior.