Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

Just started 'tane..but for u post 'taners

Ive read a lot of u guys who have used tane and recently got off are doing next to nothing for maintenance. Wouldnt it be smart to at least wash ur face? Just cause there's no oil, doesnt mean its not dirty... Just my opinion.

Ive read a lot of u guys who have used tane and recently got off are doing next to nothing for maintenance. Wouldnt it be smart to at least wash ur face? Just cause there's no oil, doesnt mean its not dirty... Just my opinion.

i dunno how is it dirty? i think less is more for me atm

Ant24... i dont touch my face. i dont even wash it... oh i might wash it if i spill something on it!

More is worse less is better. My derm said dont do anything to ur face cept maybe some sunscreen but even then dont use sunscreen tooooo much.

The more u touch ur face the more u annoy ur face. Face is sensative dont touch it. I found out just recently... I started wanting to exfoliate my skin and moisturise it etc guess what happened... messy breakout thinking god tane didnt work!!!!!! ... then i did nothing not even spot treat my acne and just left it be and the less i did the better it became within a week i went from redness pimples to clear skin still some redness but no new breakouts.

better results dont do shit to ur face post tane.

My doc has the exact opposite theory. She put me on Tazorac and Yasmin right after I got done with 'tane.

So far, my face (five weeks later) is exactly as it was on 'tane. I still get spots here and there (more like dots, and they're few and far between), but I had those throughout my course. I never had zero acne during 'tane. (six months 40/60/80 mgs).

Anyway, I use the Tazorac and wash with Purpose gel cleanser (very gentle) and use moisturizer liberally. I had some initial dryness from my face getting used to the Taz, but I never had an initial breakout or a worsening of acne. If nothing else, so far things have been stabilized, and the red marks have faded considerably.

I think that it's a personal choice to decide what you want to do after 'tane. I decided to take my doc's advice because I wanted to prevent my pores from clogging again. Plus, if this "maintenance" regimen doesn't end up working for me long-term, I won't have to deal with another round of useless meds before being able to go on 'tane again. A lot of times, docs will have you re-try old meds because supposedly 'tane should make you more responsive to them, which could put off a much-needed second course longer than necessary. I don't want to be cut off from that option if I need it.

Plus, I'm convinced that being on a retinoid in the first place helped to contain my IB on 'tane. I barely had one, probably because there wasn't much hiding out underneath the surface.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do, and I hope your course goes well for you!