Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fry

Am I doing it all wrong? (Salicylic Acid Related)

Howdy.

I just started using the Regimen 3 days ago, and so far I'm happy. I've been wondering, though. I am using this for washing my face before applying the BP, but I've read that using salyclic acid with BP is not good. By the way, the moisturizer I use after applying the BP is this one.

So, am I on the wrong track? Thanks.

Howdy!

Its best not to use a salyclic acid cleanser whilst using BP particullary at the start of the regimen becasue you might over aggrivate your skin, you could try giving one of these a go http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=3&anchor=browse#browse. Your moisturiser looks fine though and if you like later on in the regimen you could start using one with an AHA such as Eucerin skin renewal if you have any red marks left. Well done on having results already and don't be put of if you get the initial breakout, Good Luck! :)

Howdy!

Its best not to use a salyclic acid cleanser whilst using BP particullary at the start of the regimen becasue you might over aggrivate your skin, you could try giving one of these a go http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=3&anchor=browse#browse. Your moisturiser looks fine though and if you like later on in the regimen you could start using one with an AHA such as Eucerin skin renewal if you have any red marks left. Well done on having results already and don't be put of if you get the initial breakout, Good Luck! :)

Thanks Janiet. I went to my local Walgreens today and picked up this cleanser. They didn't have anything else worth picking up that didn't have SA, so I just bought that one. I'm hoping for good results. Let's see how this goes. :)

You can get a cleanser that's not marketed specifically towards men, you know. :P

Coincidence. :redface::ninja:

its best to get stuff that says men... I have all my stuff in my bathroom and all the girls that come over say i have more face shit than them...but with these results who cares!

its best to get stuff that says men... I have all my stuff in my bathroom and all the girls that come over say i have more face shit than them...but with these results who cares!

:lol::lol::lol:

thats just what my Family says :lol:

Holy crap this Nivea cleanser dries my skin. It's not just any ordinary drying, either. I can hardly move my face muscles after applying it. I can't even open my mouth more than half way. I applied the BP over it anyway just because I thought the moisturizer would help....NOPE! My face was flaky the entire day. I'm starting to think my moisturizer is crap, too. I am going to start using my St. Ives moisturizer from now on. Oh my god Nivea screwed me over.

This is the moisturizer btw:

IPB Image

I'm going to start using my Neutrogena cleanser again. It might have SA and all, but at least it doesn't destroy my skin like Nivea does. Hell, I saw no irritation with Neutrogena even thought it had SA. Screw Nivea.