Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milk

Time length of redmarks

Im sure this question gets asked alot. But how long do these things take to fade. Ive had mine for a year now, and they are still there, but the redness has gone down alot and they are more pinkish. They are still pretty obvious thogh. I got a big patch of them on my cheek that has been there for a year. My other cheek is a little spotty, and those marks are more recent. When I first started getting acne I was stupid and Id pop every pimple, and then Id scrub real hard with towels and shave with 3 blade razors. Id also use like a ridiculous amount of BP and other acne medications. After about a month I finally realized I was ruining my skin and went to the derm. Ive been on Retin A and Doxycyclin since and it has helped immensely. I still have marks and was wondering how long they take. Thanks.

Im sure this question gets asked alot. But how long do these things take to fade. Ive had mine for a year now, and they are still there, but the redness has gone down alot and they are more pinkish. They are still pretty obvious thogh. I got a big patch of them on my cheek that has been there for a year. My other cheek is a little spotty, and those marks are more recent. When I first started getting acne I was stupid and Id pop every pimple, and then Id scrub real hard with towels and shave with 3 blade razors. Id also use like a ridiculous amount of BP and other acne medications. After about a month I finally realized I was ruining my skin and went to the derm. Ive been on Retin A and Doxycyclin since and it has helped immensely. I still have marks and was wondering how long they take. Thanks.

I've never popped a pimple or scfrubbed my face roughly or done anything like that, but I still have red marks on my chin from months ago.

It's hard to say how long they'll last, but from what I hear and see, the cheeks are the slowest to get rid of them. It could take up to a year.

Thats exactly what I did. I used Proactive twice a day, and couldnt leave my face alone. It's weird though...I don't remember the marks coming as a gradual thing at all, it's like theyve always been there or something.

I wish I wouldve known BP stuff is only for lesser amounts of acne and that it makes red marks last longer for people who have more severe cases. They wouldnt say that of course, you have to read about it on the damn internet.

Just keep waiting I guess, you were prescribed the exact same stuff that I have.

Guest nec77

Im in same boat as you milk.. i got it all on my forehead, and i was never broken out on my entire forehead. It seems like screwed up pigment cause it feels fine! i've had them for 2 years+ I'm gonna try the aspirin mask tomorrow and I will reply if it helps me out. Oh, and if your on retin-A I dont think it'll be good for you to try this.. well anways like i said i will post if it helps/ dosent help

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Have any of you considered a good quality Retinol? Green Cream gets great feedback from users on here.

Does anyone know why the ones on your cheeks last longest? My spots are on my cheeks too and it takes forever to go away it's been 2+ months now.

Healing rates are pretty individual. Fading time depends on many factors - nutrition, sex hormones, general health and so forth.

my family doctor told me and i quote (i made a post about this a while ago but il say it again)

"the redmarks are bruises under the skin where the pore was stretched with the swelling.

it can take up2 12weeks to fully show improvement and dissapear which is 4months"

but by 2months im sure they are almost un-noticeable as mine tend to me.

does take time tho

YESSS the ones on the cheeks are a killer to get rid if. They fade so slow - (why?... those are my problem areas!?!) :(

I broke out bad in Oct.-Nov. of last year. So it's been a good 4 months. Mine have faded to a lightish pink too.

I've also done 7 chemical peels which I truly believe has helped more than anything in fading these things. I'm holding out lots of hope - I think mine are on the way to being almost invisible!