Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristam

What to DRINK during meals

OK, I'm really not sure what to drink during meals. An obvious no-no is soda. I haven't had soda for a couple years. Another obvious no-no is coffee or cappaucino. OK, so all I have left to choose from at our college's dining halls are pasturized, 2% (or skim) milk (yet another no-no) and orange, apple, or grape juice (yet more no-nos). I can also drink water, but apparently I can't drink waters DURING meals as it dilutes vitamins from foods entering your body. Right now I drink orange juice for breakfast, and apple juice for lunch and dinner (occasionally I'll drink grape juice). What the heck am I supposed to drink during meals?

OK, I'm really not sure what to drink during meals. An obvious no-no is soda. I haven't had soda for a couple years. Another obvious no-no is coffee or cappaucino. OK, so all I have left to choose from at our college's dining halls are pasturized, 2% (or skim) milk (yet another no-no) and orange, apple, or grape juice (yet more no-nos). I can also drink water, but apparently I can't drink waters DURING meals as it dilutes vitamins from foods entering your body. Right now I drink orange juice for breakfast, and apple juice for lunch and dinner (occasionally I'll drink grape juice). What the heck am I supposed to drink during meals?

Where are you getting that all these drinks are bad? Maybe they're not superfoods, but there's no harm in having some apple juice. I don't know where it started that water during meals is bad, but there is certainly no harm in sipping water. It's only when you drink heaps that anything is flushed out without being absorbed.

Don't stress about something like this, it won't make a difference. Just have a bit of water.

I always drink a full glass of juice with all my meals. "Juices" are listed in the Perricone's diet's "no-nos," while others slam juices for the natural sugars present. I'm not sure how natural our "100% juices" are at our college dining halls, however, since they're Minute Maid brand.

I always drink a full glass of juice with all my meals. "Juices" are listed in the Perricone's diet's "no-nos," while others slam juices for the natural sugars present. I'm not sure how natural our "100% juices" are at our college dining halls, however, since they're Minute Maid brand.

dont drink too much during meals, it will lessen stomacha acidity and will be hard for stomach to digest food. So i heard..

I figured that drinking something during meals would actually make digestion "smoother" for you. My stepdad never drinks anything during meals, but does have digestion problems (and in fact has gone on a "no grain/starch diet" to reduce his digestion problems; this has worked well for him). Since he pretty much never gets acne, I can't know if it would've helped with acne.

drinking during meals is not good. It flushes the enzymes that are responsible for the breakdown of certain foods.

drinking before a meal is always no problem but during or right after a meal isn't good for your digestion system

It's better to drink lemon water then regular, since it'll help the liver release bile. Ginger tea is also very good. Another is peppermint tea. Both have very good flavors when you add stevia, and I actually prefer ginger tea over a pop.

I'll shed some light on this. There is no universal answer to whether you should or should not drink with meals, or how much if you do. Since each person is different, the answers are different.

The jist of it goes like this:

If your stomach produces lots of HCL (hydrochloric acid), then eating a meal that is 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, and 20% fats, will digest fine even with 2 cups of fluid drank (provided the fluid PH isn't above 7). More protein ingested (and fats to some extent) means more acid will be needed.

For normal to low acid levels it is best to minimize fluid intake during meals to 8 ounces or less, at least for 30 minutes before a meal and 2 hours after. Once you clear a 2 hour window then drink all you want, provided you don't still have a full feeling in your tummy. Stop drinking a decent amount of time before next meal, rinse repeat.

Dont worry too much about washing vitamins and minerals out of you, or diluting whatever. The most important things you need to worry about washing out of you are water soluble vitamins, which will be replaced in the next few meals, if you eat right that is.

Additionally always make sure your properly combining foods for maximum absorbancy. Ideally you should not mix carbs and proteins, like sausage or bacon and eggs with OJ as the drink. Just about the worst combo ever, from a digestive point of view.

Note: A soda is generally not good for your health, but can in certain instances aid digestion mostly due to the phoshoric acid in it (coke). This acid is relatively weak but does give the soda a PH of lower than 7