Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danielle23

I think I found what works for me.

I love the 100% tea tree oil, because it was keeping my skin clear. But it was making my skin tone and face look nasty and aged. There were all these flakes, and I looked older than what I really am. (I'm 25)

I've been using jojoba oil and the tea tree oil wash from desert essence. To treat the existing acne I have Jason Natural Soothing Aloe Gel. It is much milder since the tea tree oil is diluted in the aloe vera gel. I've been using these products for the past couple of weeks and I think that I have found my solution. My skin looks and feels a whole lot better. I think I actually look younger from using the jojoba. It's really great stuff. I plan on keeping the 100% tea tree oil for spot treating, but so far I haven't had many breakouts at all.

Anyways I just wanted to share. It probably isn't something that would work for everyone. But if you can get your hands on some jojoba oil I highly recommend it. It's cheap and it really helps to clean out your pores. It soaks in your skin after about ten minutes so you can't even feel it. When I put it on it just makes my skin feel super healthy.

The verdict is still out on the cleanser that I'm using. It seems to be helping me quite a bit, but it does contain coconut oil which is supposedly comedogenic. So I guess I find out if it's clogging my pores in the next couple weeks but it's still too early to tell. I still like it though. It seems to clean well and not dry my skin plus the tea tree oil is a good thing for me. So far, so good.

Also, being back on tri-cyclen is probably helping. The good thing about this regimen is that it's working and it's cheap. My derm visits were getting hella expensive, plus the meds didn't work for my sensitive skin anyways. :D

I'm using tea tree oil and aloe vera gel too! Like you, I have to say that I have seen a difference in the way my skin feels. However, I'm still trying to get rid of these marks and discolorations from old acne lesions. I've read so many good things about aloe vera gel that I'm optimistic, but I don't know if it will help with old acne marks. They've been on my face for years. If you don't mind my asking, do you have scarring, and if you do, what are you doing to treat it? Thanks.

:clap: Yay for you :clap:

I started to continuously use my Minocycline for about 2 weeks now. The first week was horrific on my skin. I was all flakey and gross, I didn't want my fianceé to even look at me it was so bad. But I told myself that it will get better.

Within these two weeks, I went to a new derm. one my dad recommended, because my old one wanted to go have a social get together, and play catch up, instead of letting me know what I could do to improve. So, I went to a new one, who is very "not nice" but he is stern, and tells me what to do to get the results I want...and its working.

:wacko: I feel like a clean FREAK now :wacko:

Morning

1 pill in the morning regimen (100 mg Minocycline)

Wash with Dove for Sensitive Skin (2 min. max)

Wait 5 Minutes.

Use BP on trouble spots, not being stingy with the cream.

Wait 5 minutes.

Moisturize with Clinique 25 spf cream

Make-up application

Afternoon

Wash "morning face" off.

Night

Wash with Dove for Sensitive Skin (2 min. max)

Wait 5 Minutes.

Use tazorac cream on trouble spots, not being stingy with the cream.

Wait 5 minutes

Apply BP cream, not being stingy

I'm using tea tree oil and aloe vera gel too! Like you, I have to say that I have seen a difference in the way my skin feels. However, I'm still trying to get rid of these marks and discolorations from old acne lesions. I've read so many good things about aloe vera gel that I'm optimistic, but I don't know if it will help with old acne marks. They've been on my face for years. If you don't mind my asking, do you have scarring, and if you do, what are you doing to treat it? Thanks.

So, how do you use the aloe vera gel? I have been using tto, and I am finally clearing up. But, I am still getting the random single pimples popping up here and there. Much better than the entire lower half of my face being broken out.

I find geranium oil is working for me really well, too. I use one drop of tto and one drop of geranium oil on a cotton ball and dab my problem areas. Does the aloe vera, combined with the tto, dry your face out a lot? If I just bought 100% pure aloe vera gel from a health food store or Target, would I just rub it all over my face or just on my trouble spots?

So, how do you use the aloe vera gel? I have been using tto, and I am finally clearing up. But, I am still getting the random single pimples popping up here and there. Much better than the entire lower half of my face being broken out.

I find geranium oil is working for me really well, too. I use one drop of tto and one drop of geranium oil on a cotton ball and dab my problem areas. Does the aloe vera, combined with the tto, dry your face out a lot? If I just bought 100% pure aloe vera gel from a health food store or Target, would I just rub it all over my face or just on my trouble spots?

Hi i am new to this site.. I would just like to knwo if you think aloe vera works? I get spots and have red scars which are flat red marks mainly on my chin. I want to find something that reduces the redness but that doesnt cause more spots or irritate my very sensitive skin. Ive started the B5 to see if this helps with the acne?