Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

been about a month and a helf since i got off of accutain, everything is fine all the side effects are past except my face is still a little dry, havent had a zit in over 2 months and right now alls im trying to figure out is how to get hte red marks to go away

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Firstly, congratulations on being clear. You heal slowly whilst on Accutane so the red marks are usually worse due to this. Now that you're off, i'd think that you'll heal fairly well. You've been off for a month already so i'm thinking it takes a little bit for the body to recover from tane.

Gentle skin care is the best bet for reducing the appearance of red marks IMO. I use red light therapy, but most people aren't open to it. I don't believe that it's beneficial for you to slap on all these red mark removal creams, alot of people just seem to prolong the redness by using them.

Dont do anything to ur face, Just like accutane took time to work healing will take time...

Healing for ur spots shouldnt take more than 3months. Come back in 3months time after doing nothing and we'll be asking u ... "did you even have acne?" just wait dude.

Well, I'm on Tazorac for maintenance and got on it right after stopping 'tane.

I've been using it for a little over five weeks, and pretty much all of my red marks are gone. I'm not sure if it's more due to the Tazorac or just my skin being able to heal faster now that I'm not on the medicine anymore.

I still get little dots here and there, but I still got them all throughout my course, so I don't know if the 'tane will work out for me in the long run.

yea ive been working out almost everyday now that im off accutain, and im starting to take some vitamins to help my skin out and use aloe vera and stuff, but as for washing i only use a bar of soap before i go to bed and rinse my face with water when i wake up, hopefully ill be fully recovered in about 2-3 months