Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

How come there is no one on TV with any trace of acne?

you see handicapped people on tv, obese people, people with all kinds of problems, but acne just doesnt seem to exist.

if i were a alien and all i did was watch tv to try and learn about humans, i swear i would never know acne even existed.

even the freaking people you see in the ACNE commercials have clear skin!!!! wtf?

the only thing i can see remotely close to acne being on tv is 8th and ocean when the one girl gets ragged on cause her skin is getting bad...

that has got to be the first time in reality tv show history that ive seen acne being dealt with.

even the freaking people you see in the ACNE commercials have clear skin!!!! wtf?

That's what bugs me the most...I especially hate the Clean and Clear commercials, where she has an imaginary pimple that completely disappears overnight with no mark or anything left behind..I also love how they have perfect make-up on right after washing. :rolleyes:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I see many people on television with acne, and related problems. Alot of actors suffer from acne and acne scarring.

Besides the fact that you're completely wrong, this thread is really good.

you see handicapped people on tv, obese people, people with all kinds of problems, but acne just doesnt seem to exist.

if i were a alien and all i did was watch tv to try and learn about humans, i swear i would never know acne even existed.

the only thing i can see remotely close to acne being on tv is 8th and ocean when the one girl gets ragged on cause her skin is getting bad...

that has got to be the first time in reality tv show history that ive seen acne being dealt with.

Camera angles, lighting, and makeup can mask, when used in combination, mask all those flaws.

Camera angles, lighting, and makeup can mask, when used in combination, mask all those flaws.

if you have severe acne nothing is hiding that...trust me ive tried, lol

I see many people on television with acne, and related problems. Alot of actors suffer from acne and acne scarring.

Besides the fact that you're completely wrong, this thread is really good.

care to share a few?...i know theres a handful of actors with acne, but to me its not even noticable.

you never see people with big cystic acne with alot of spots on tv...ever.

i few bumps or scars dont really count.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

you never see people with big cystic acne with alot of spots on tv...ever.

Well i don't know about you, but when i had severe acne there was no chance of getting me on television. Not that i had a choice to be on tv, but given it i'd have declined for sure.

i few bumps or scars dont really count.

Make-up no doubt contributes to them only looking minor. And for people with only a few bumps and scars, it probably does count fool.

Your thread blows. *thumbs down*

Actor Edward James Almost(sp?) from Battle Star Galatica..you can see his scars from acne on his cheeks.

And the actor on Law and Order SVU (Special Victims Unit) - The skinny detective one with the glasses - Richard Belzer - you can see his scars!

However, male actors get away with it... but can you name me ONE female actress who is seen on screen with scars??

hellllloooo..... obviously you haven't seen 8th and ocean on mtv. you haven't see one of the models with really bad acne and she's a model. check it out. next episode is about her acne.

I do have to say, when I watch skin care product commercials I do get really annoyed only cause the people on there have PERFECT skin. They probably have never in their lives used the product, nor plan to. I wish they'd show before and afters for regular over the counter medicines in their commercial WITHOUT using make-up to change how it looks.

Have you ever seen making the band? Two guys on there ( Chopper and Dylan I think ) had pretty bad acne.

Ever seen Veronica Mars? I think the guy who played Jett Jackson had noticable acne on there also.

totally agree wid the whole 'clean and clear' adverts where they have supposed acne.

I saw a clearasil one the other day where the woman actually had some though.

meh, the worst show for making you feel you look like shit is the O.C.

I mean,I used to love that show, but now I feel all bitter when i watch it cause the spiggin moan about their lives while they swan around there mansions and look good in bikinis all day.

How can anyone live up to that?

But, one thing to remember is, these people arent real and their real lives may not be as glossy.

Like cameron diaz for example. A beautifully stunning actress, and yet she suffers from breakouts too.

Ever see the Almay commercial? I hate that bimbo, she always looks so good, great skin, beautiful eyes, no wrinkles or lines. Then after she puts on the makeup she gets her kid and then looks in the mirror one last time and looks so smug at how she looks!!!! Meh!!!!! it sucks canal water big time!

Ever see the Almay commercial? I hate that bimbo, she always looks so good, great skin, beautiful eyes, no wrinkles or lines. Then after she puts on the makeup she gets her kid and then looks in the mirror one last time and looks so smug at how she looks!!!! Meh!!!!! it sucks canal water big time!

So she's a bimbo because she's pretty and has clear skin? :think:

:whistle:

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

It's becuase of our reclusive behavior. The last thing most of us want to be around is a camera.

Acne is just one of those awkward, piece of shit problems that most will never understand.

If you watch the movie "Shattered Glass," there's a kid that has acne in it. He doesn't have a big role, but still, he has acne. The nerd in "October Sky" had pretty bad acne, but I heard he went on Accutane and now it's solved. He plays Sherman in American Pie, too.

No, she's not a bimbo because she is pretty and has clear skin. Sorry didn't mean it like that just not in a good mood when I posted, just don't like the smug look on her face thats all.

No, she's not a bimbo because she is pretty and has clear skin. Sorry didn't mean it like that just not in a good mood when I posted, just don't like the smug look on her face thats all.

::hugs:: :angel: