Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

MAKEUP AND TOPICALS

For the girls that are using topicals like klaron, differin, etc... Do u apply your foundation/powder over it or do u put makeup on a clean face and only apply the topical after the makeup is off? I was wondering if it was okay to put my makeup over the actual topical after it dried of course

LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK!! THANKS!! :cool:

doxy 150mg a day, klaron lotion 2 times a day, retinA micro at night before bed, and yasmin birth control... so i was thining of putting it over the klaron what do u think??

I don't think so for what I just searched on klaron lotion

Klaron Lotion contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. The overall prevalence of sulfite sensitivity in the general population is unknown and probably low. Sulfite sensitivity is seen more frequently in asthmatic than in non-asthmatic people (see CONTRAINDICATIONS section).

You should use it by itself I think...

this is the page where I found the info if you want to check it out http://www.drugs.com/PDR/Klaron_Lotion_10_.html

In the morning, I apply clinda-gel (azelex at night). I apply it, and wait 5 minutes for it to dry. Then I apply moisturizer right over it, and makeup afterwards.

I used to use duac under makeup, but I noticed that my makeup looked a lot better without it. Now I just use my duac at night with my differin and I haven't noticed any decrease in effectivenes.

Guest fatallyours

When I used topicals I would only ever apply them at nighttime. My skin was too sensitive for using during the day and nothing ever applied right under my makeup.

I actually put the makeup over the Klaron lotion last night and nothing happened... i think my makeup went on better over the topical than over my regular skin... so i think its okay :D

I don't think so for what I just searched on klaron lotion

Klaron Lotion contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. The overall prevalence of sulfite sensitivity in the general population is unknown and probably low. Sulfite sensitivity is seen more frequently in asthmatic than in non-asthmatic people (see CONTRAINDICATIONS section).

You should use it by itself I think...

this is the page where I found the info if you want to check it out http://www.drugs.com/PDR/Klaron_Lotion_10_.html

If you don't go into anaphylaxis after using it your fine. If you know you have an allergy to sulfa drugs DON'T let you derm give you an Rx for it (me derm dosen't quite understand that). Actually sulfa based antibiotics are neat because they also have anti-inflammatory properties, which can't be said about BP and they also won't lessen the effectivness of retinoids, when used in conjunction (like BP does). Only drawback is that eventually the bacteria may develop resistance (combining then with sulfur delays this).....

I find that it's difficult to wear makeup over topicals, since I always got the inevidible flakies from using retinoids, and the duac only compounded the problem.....my solution was to just give up the makeup entirely.....

I've been off my topicals for about 2 weeks now, and my sink looks awesome. I'm beginning to break out (which I am expecting), but overally my skin is glowing. I have no flakes, and all my little lines from surface dryness are gone....I can wear makeup again!!!!....well until all hell breaks loose in a couple months at least.....