Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skinny

Silicone fillers and other fillers, Radiance, etc.

Hi,

How come no body talks about fillers on this board? I've read a couple posts where some people said they got 95% improvement with silicone injections. I would like to check into this filler, does anyone know any doctors that do silicone injections?

Also, I went to a consult with a plastic surgeon yesterday who is using Radiance. He told me once you have a scar it will be there for life. There is nothing you can do to make it go away. I talked with an esthetician that worked in his office that had the Radiance done for her acne scars, she said it really helped. I could not tell to what degree her improvement was from her pictures. She said she wanted to do more. She said shes been in this business for 20 years and has worked for some of the best, and if there was a way to get rid of acne scars she would of already had it done. I was depressed after my appointment.

Is there anyone out there that has gotten good results with fillers?

thanks,

T.

I think a lot of people on these boards are afraid of foreign substances injected in there face, thats why they don't come up as much. Also alot of fillers aren't permanent and so are not worth doing unless your loaded and dont mind going for touch ups every month.

As for me, if I knew a year or two ago what I know now - that most scar treatments are minimally effective and expensive, and therefore require endless rounds of treatments for even modest results - I'd probably would have opted for LIS, to just be done with it. $1500 to $2000 for great results, over maybe four months. As is, I've spent about 5k and my overall improvent is close to fifty percent, at least for my rolling scars.

Now that I've had Artecoll I wonder if getting LIS would be risky. Could be a bad mix. If it is, I'd be the guinea pig.

LIS is a filler, liquid injected silicone.

Honestly, I go back and forth on the LIS.

On days when I feel my progress is too slow, I think theres always LIS.

But its probably best to at least see how far you can get w/ more natural treatments first - subcision, needling, even laser before injecting something artificial into your face.

I guess what I should have said was if I could go back in time and choose which artificial substance to put in my face I would choose Silicone over Artecoll, for the reason that it seems to be more effective, and is much much cheaper. Both seem to be fairly low risk if done correctly. I just worry about mixing them. I would think the makers of Artecoll would recomend against mixing w/ oher injectables, just to cover their behinds.

And also there are limits to what LIS can do, I'm sure, so its not like its a "cure".

I had four syringes of Artecoll injected, then had a subcision/Nlite/TCA CROSS treatment, then I had another round of three syringes Artecoll. It works, but I would say expect 20-30% improvement from each session, also for most scars, you could probably inject 10 syringes and there'd still be a of the scar left. Artecoll is injected very deep, which is a drawback, but is necesary so that it doesn't show through the skin.

Skinny, how were the results of the people you knew that had LIS. I know you said they've had no side affects, but did it work for them???

There are occassionally discussions about fillers. From the research that I've done, it appears that a lot of fillers are temporary. In addition, I have seen damage done from silicone in the body (breast implants, specifically). If you have thoroughly researched the filler you want to try, and feel that it might work for you then go for it.

Poohman,

The one person I knew who used Silicone injections had a scar on the side of his nose from a dog bite. It was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it was completely unnoticeable.

The other person used silicone for acne scars. He only did a few and did not follow through with the treatment, but the one's that were done looked really good. You could kinda still see the outline of the scar, but it was almost even with the skin surface.

I haven't done all my research on Silicone though, there may be lots of horror stories out there too.

Did you get the Artecoll email address I sent you? You should definately find out, before using Silicone, if there would be a problem mixing the two.

If there's anyone out there that knows of any good docs using Silicone, will you please email me. Or if anyone has had Silicone injections already let me know how it's working out.

Thanks,

T.

Hey there,

For some doctors who do LIS injections, check out my response at:

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php...5934&highlight=

I still look at LIS as a last option, but I know people who've had it done with no complications and the results were quite impressive (just like collagen injections but permanent). Granted, it's only been a couple of

years since they've had them done. They say they have a new technique - microlipoinjection - that prevents any granuloma formation or migration of the LIS. Silskin seems like a promising product as a filler. I will probably go with that after needling, subcision. I will probably need some anyways, mainly for areas that I have some fat loss, and not necessarily scarring on my face.

-kook