Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMacbeth998

Winter is bad on my skin and makes me depressed

I live in Chicago, and it's still really cold here. The air is so dry, it completely dries up my skin, making my red marks look worse, and some of my scars more obvious. Does this happen to you guys at all? No matter how much moisturizer I use, I'm all dried up.

yup :( but in the summer there is more sun, more light, so my skin looks even worse as it brings the scars out more.

Hi MasterPattie!

Yeah, it's been awhile....I've been so busy with school and all.

My face looks like hell! And everyone in my weekend class have flawless skin, and it makes me so self-conscious.

To make things worse, we're under neon lighting all day which makes it worse :(

I'm in the Chicago area also. My skin gets extra dry in the winter, which aggrevates my acne, really sucks :(

I also suffer depression in the winter. It's called s.a.d. (seasonal affectiveness disorder). Sun exposure releases seritonin in our brains (a "happy" chemical). In the winter, there is quite a less sunlight, and for most, less outdoor activity. For millions, this results in the "winter blues". Really sucks, but it's almost over yay!!! lol :dance: