Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazycrazyme

question about my scars...picture included

Hey everyone! This is my first post and I would love to hear any recommendations that any of you may have! Looking at my picture, would you consider that I have rolling scars? If not, then I would like to know what type. I know that I have red marks and know that they take time to fade away, so I am not too worried about those(but if you have any remedies of faster healing please feel free to let me know). I would also like to know of any appropriate treatments that could lessen the visibility of them. I have been lurking and noticed many types of treatments, but still don't know what is appropriate like I said, so any suggestions would be appreciated!! thanks

Yes hard to tell from the photo..but does seem to look like rolling scars.

I had co2 laser about 3 yr ago..NVR again, far too evasive and i believe the results are only temp while u have a collagen boost.

My scars are rolling scars, and i believe deeper than urs.

I am going to have my first isolagen injection nxt month as it seems to be the way forward for rolling scars although pricey.

I will be posting my progress in the gallery as of nxt month.

Hey everyone! This is my first post and I would love to hear any recommendations that any of you may have! Looking at my picture, would you consider that I have rolling scars? If not, then I would like to know what type. I know that I have red marks and know that they take time to fade away, so I am not too worried about those(but if you have any remedies of faster healing please feel free to let me know). I would also like to know of any appropriate treatments that could lessen the visibility of them. I have been lurking and noticed many types of treatments, but still don't know what is appropriate like I said, so any suggestions would be appreciated!! thanks

they don't look all that bad sweetie. a nice glycolic peel of say around 30% ought to do the trick. if you have any more questions regarding this you can pm. will be more than willing to help you.

but with that being said your dang pretty. :wub:

- marvin

I'd say the least expensive way to go would be to do Pro Activ, unless you've already tried it. I know it may not erase the larger scar but it would be really good for the smaller marks, their repairing lotion has a way of lightening up the whole surface of your skin. You're lucky, the scarring really doesn't appear to be that bad.

I had really good results with a combination of microdermabrasion (6 treatments) where they put .10 percent retin-a cream on my face afterwards, and then used an ultrasonic 1mhz wand. I believe I had mostly "rolling" scars, and it helped them a lot. I still do have scarring but it is a lot less noticeable now. Anyway, you may want to check around in your area and see if anyone does this kind of treatment where you live. Like I said, your scarring doesn't look all that bad. Oh yeah and you can also get a microdermabrasion cloth for like 10 bucks on ebay, and that could help a little too.

Good luck!

Hey thanks for your replies! I have had acne pretty much every since I hit my teens. I was also a big picker, hence my scars now. I have heard that separately AHA products, and apple cider vinegar helps in the reduction of marks and scars. I know that there are other posts regarding this..well I don't know where this was going, haha so I will stop.

Zombie, I hope the isolagen injection helps! I will keep up with your progress and results. By the way what is the price range of having them done and what does it entail?

Marvin, they are worse than they actually look. I have many many many icepick scars, and many deep ones also, and all of this in addition to the bumpy look and texture of my skin. They are all mainly on my cheeks. What exactly is a glycolic peel, and would you get it done from a dermatologist? I have heard that it fades red scars, but would they also fill in the deep ones? Sorry I am not too familiar with any types of treatments.

Libby, I have tried Pro Activ but only a couple of times, since it broke me out. Although i understand that it was probably the bacteria(obviously in the form of pimples) coming to the surface, I did not feel that it cleaned my face very well, but thanks anyway! How much was your microdermabrasion treatments? Also do dermatologists recommend your face be free of active acne, because I still get hormonal breakouts that normally stay until my next cycle...IT SUCKS!! Ehh, also I was wondering if you knew of any good makeup that will help to reduce the rolling effect of my scars and even my dark marks.

I know that the scars are not too severe, but they still look horrible..the red/brown marks make it look like I have more active acne than in reality. And the deep scars look horrible in lighting, which makes me very subconsious! I hate it that my makeup does not cover anything up (and I can't wear thick makeup bc it looks nasty on my skin), and I hate it that the texture of my face makes my skin looked all caked up when I barely wear any makeup. I hate it that I will never have perfect skin, but then again there is really nothing I can do about it, so I will just have to live with it, and let it control my life...okay not seriously control my life but hopefully you guys get my gist. Sorry for the rant, I had to let it out. Bye!