Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Madworld

Healing Speed

It seems like the acne redmarks on my cheek fade a hell lot slower than elsewhere on the face.

My forehead for example, breaks out regularly. I don't mind (other than it being big and painful) because I have long bangs that will cover them up (wish they were longer so I can cover the whole of my face). The redmarks on my forehead heals within a week without anything.

Anyone have particular weak-spots where redmarks just fail to heal? (or taking almost forever)

Without a doubt, cheeks. Thats where I get the majority of my acne too, it really is too bad. My forehead is almost completely clear and there's never red marks.

I got red marks on my cheeks that have been there for months... and on my forehead or chin they just stay for a week

Unsurprisingly, my cheek gets all the care, yet it's absolutely FUBAR'd.

The link is pretty apparent, I think.

I know that the nose has a quicker skin turnaround time than the cheeks. I'd assume the forehead is similar. I have no idea why though. My cheeks are certainly my worst parts. Especially for red marks. I've had really bad spots appear on my forehead in the past but you'd never know, my forehead is completely clear and it looks like it's never had acne.

The only thing I can think of it that perhaps it has something to do with the inside of your mouth. Something to do with the fact that cheek skin is kind of hanging between bones whereas forehead skin is right over the bone and nose skin is cartilage. Dunno why it is but it would be nice to figure it out.