Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttchic07

Almay has a new line

I have been using the skin stays clean powder for a year or so. Now Almay has a new look and also dosent have that certain powder that I've always used. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem, and what else do you use becuase I need someting oil free, non-cosmogenic, and just won't break you out. Thanks

I've been trying the new Maybelline PURE foundation and powder. They're inexpensive and so far I like both products. I've been using the foundation followed by the powder, but today I just used the powder only, and like it just fine.

And LabGirl gave them her approval too, which makes me feel better.

Grr, I know!! I"m so mad about Almay revamping their line and getting rid of the translucent shades of powder!!!

I've heard NYC has good powder that's non-comedogenic. I'm going to head out to Wal-Mart to see about getting my hands on some. Their packaging is lame, but if the powder is good, I'll buy it anyway.

I just sent Almay this email. Hopefully, others are doing the same!

"First off, I'm sad to say that I absolutely dislike this powder, mainly because the color is MUCH too orangey for my extremely pale skin. Normally, I'd buy this particular powder in Translucent, which was absolutely perfect for my skin tone. Unfortunately, someone at Almay deemed it necessary to discontinue that particular shade, as I've been unable to obtain the Clear Complexion Powder in Translucent for quite some time. I'm so unbelievably upset by this development, it's hard to quite put it into words.

As long as CCP has been in production, I've been buying in the Translucent shade. As I've stated before, it was my holy grail when it came to mattifying pressed powders, and I would have gladly continued to purchase it. However, now that my shade has been discontinued, I'll have to move on to another company that still manages to remember that there are people in this world who like their pressed powders to be colorless and mattifying at the same time.

One more thing: You might want to rethink the packaging. First off, the clasp on this new packaging is quite flimsy. I've already had the compact spring open in my purse a few times (this was never a problem with the old compact, ever), and it made quite a mess. Plus, the logo has already begun to chip off the case, making it look cheap and classless. For a drugstore powder that costs over $10 USD, you can do better than this."

almays new line is so cool!!!!!!!there hydrating foundation is the best!!!and now they have skin care thre moisterizers rock to click here to view old products and see what there equvalent is

Guest funky_monkey

I used it for about a year - caused terrible boils.